Thread: Casa Magna Colorado Maduro ~ Robusto

Blog Entries

Default Casa Magna Colorado Maduro ~ Robusto

Other's reviews (None found, searching the Reviews Forum)

Smoke: Casa Magna Colorado Maduro ~ Robusto
    Drink(s): Homemade Yuengling Black & Tans
    Tunes: Pearl Jam ~ assorted

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Draw: Medium
    Burn: Excellent
    Misc: 90+ minutes

Pre-light: Beautiful Colorado maduro wrapper. Velvety sheen. Nice construction. Musty murky tobacco scent. Not much prelight flavor, maybe a hint of spice.

Light: Good. Took a little extra attention….medium draw.

1st 3rd: Oily. I’m not picking up any spices. A nutty flavor, like a walnut aftertaste. Medium body. Medium to full flavor. A faint semi sweet chocolate flavor, or cocoa kicking in a bit. Nice. I spy a wrapper split on the 2nd 3rd…

Ash: Flakey, but stable. Medium gray. Some little ash bubbles on the end…

2nd 3rd: Same flavor profile mostly. Maybe moving into full body land. Oily, and now leather dominant. Draw has eased into medium light. The cocoa is out for now. Very enjoyable. The split burned right thru with no ill effects. No Machismo here, but this one is STRONG.

3rd 3rd: Making my tongue a little fuzzy now. Oily & leather with residual nuttiness. Like the bitter husk of that walnut I mentioned previously. Interesting minty like medium nose exhale.

Overall impression: Sweet smoke!!! Poking around, I didn’t see more of these available. However, I’ll still look around for more 5ers of the Casa Magna line. Thank you so much K7 for the opportunity!!!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

As always, nice review.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Nice review will! Your reviews slays make me want to light one up and do a review of my own! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

I have smoked this cigar in three of their different sizes; the pikito, the belicoso, and the robusto. This is a really good, but really strong cigar.

The chaplain we had here (up until just recently) was trying to get us some of these cigars to broaden our palates when he contacted his brother, a retired Marine, to see if he could help. A few weeks later, we found out that he had sent an entire box of the pikito sized cigars for us to enjoy.

While I was home on vacation for most of July I found a B&M in downtown Boise (Sturman's) and bought the last fourteen (or so) Casa Magna's they had in the robusto and belicoso and brought them back out here with me to Iraq. The majority of us thought that these cigars had a Turkish coffee style flavor with the hint of mint finish on the exhale, with the mint becoming a bit stronger towards the last third.

And as always, another great review!

Kris

I really enjoyed stumbling upon your review of this cigar Will. I had one sitting in my humidor at 68% rH for a few weeks and figured today would be a good day to try this bad boy out. I found the quality control lacking to say the least. I too had a wrapper split on me near the final third and the burn was hellishly uneven. While I strongly enjoyed the flavors, I believe these may have declined since their initial popularity. My ash was a medium grey or so, compared to yours

So, my question to you is have you ever returned to this cigar, or had one since? Not bad for the price, but not really fantastic. Hell, it wasn't that expensive though.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cody44 View Post
    I really enjoyed stumbling upon your review of this cigar Will. I had one sitting in my humidor at 68% rH for a few weeks and figured today would be a good day to try this bad boy out. I found the quality control lacking to say the least. I too had a wrapper split on me near the final third and the burn was hellishly uneven. While I strongly enjoyed the flavors, I believe these may have declined since their initial popularity. My ash was a medium grey or so, compared to yours

So, my question to you is have you ever returned to this cigar, or had one since? Not bad for the price, but not really fantastic. Hell, it wasn't that expensive though.
    I haven't. Not that I wouldn't, just haven't gotten around to finding anymore.

Uncle Tupelo

I'd be curious to see what you'd take out of this on a re-smoke 3 years later. Next time I go to my local b&m I might grab one and send it your way.

The only reason I commented on this to begin with, is because I was going to write a review, but your review was pretty spot on, in my opinion.
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

wow! One heck of a review. So detailed in description of taste. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Question. Is it true that the darker the wrapper, the better the cigar? I am new so I will be asking lots of questions...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rigo View Post
    wow! One heck of a review. So detailed in description of taste. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Question. Is it true that the darker the wrapper, the better the cigar? I am new so I will be asking lots of questions...
    No.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Yes, sometimes. ;-)

Blog Entries

Well, maybe...yeah.

Maybe not

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I know I am late here but I just wanted to clear this up. I'm pretty sure the actual saying is "the darker the wrapper the sweeter the juice".

Thread Information