Thread: Quick stupid question

1. Default Quick stupid question

Should tubed cigars be kept in their tubes in a humidor or should they be taken out? I'm sure this is a dumb question but I'm still new to the cigar world. Thanks.

Blog Entries

3. Default

Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm talking about long-term storage, I want to age a few.

Quote Originally Posted by RamyG4 View Post
    Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm talking about long-term storage, I want to age a few.
    Use a humidor.

Kris

5. Default

The OP is clearly already using a Humidor (as stated in the original post).

I am assuming that it really doesn't matter if the cigar is in the tube or not as the humidity should be the same inside and outside of the tube if it sits in the humidor more than a few days.

What kind of tubes are these? The simple thin metal ones with the screw cap or something more fancy? Most tubes are hardly better than cellophane at holding humidity.

I don't know much on the subject though as I only have 2 tubed cigars in my humidor. I'm curious to see if there is a better answer out there.

Blog Entries

So use the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesmudge View Post
    The OP is clearly already using a Humidor (as stated in the original post).

I am assuming that it really doesn't matter if the cigar is in the tube or not as the humidity should be the same inside and outside of the tube if it sits in the humidor more than a few days.

What kind of tubes are these? The simple thin metal ones with the screw cap or something more fancy? Most tubes are hardly better than cellophane at holding humidity.

I don't know much on the subject though as I only have 2 tubed cigars in my humidor. I'm curious to see if there is a better answer out there.
    If he would just follow the link that Ashauler provided him in the second post, then he would see that at the end of that discussion, this exact question was answered for him.

Thread Information