Thread: Cubans in the US

Default Cubans in the US

Now, I know about the embargo with Cuba and the US.

I'm assuming a lot of you guys are from the states (I'm from Australia) but there is still a huge amount of Cubans being discussed on here, in fact I think majority of the cigars mentioned/reviewed on here are Cubans.

Now my question for all the inhabitants of the US here, how do you 'come about' your Cuban cigars? Here in Australia every smokemart has the major Cubans just behind the counter; Cohibas, Montecristos, RnJ's and so on and so fourth...(not to rub it in). Do you guys simply import them from Canada with switched packaging or what? It's something I've been wondering about since I started to become interested in cigars.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

1. Welcome to the Forum
    2. Please post an intro
    3. I'm from Canada, so it's totally legal for me to aquire, own and smoke Cuban cigars
    4. Those in the States are not permitted by law to aquire and possess products from that country.
    5. Your post is in bad form. Please read the forum rules

Have a great day, and again, welcome.

Jim
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

I apologize.

I didn't realize it wasn't spoken about.

It must be frustrating for cigar fans in the US. I guess it's similar to illicit drugs, spoken widely about in popular culture (entertainers/politicians) sometimes even admitting to using them before; as with Cuban cigars.

/thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tails View Post
    I apologize.

It must be frustrating for cigar fans in the US. I guess it's similar to illicit drugs, spoken widely about in popular culture (entertainers/politicians) sometimes even admitting to using them before; as with Cuban cigars.

/thread.
    I have found a lot of cigars that are available here in the U.S. that I enjoy. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Regarding your previous post stating that we mostly talk about Cubans, that is not the case. You should check out the last 20 reviews by Badwhale, great reviews and the majority of them are not cubans.

Intro thread please, and I may be wrong, but I feel like you're picking a fight...
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I'm not sure where you are seeing much discussion about cuban cigars, because I haven't noticed it. I've also tried cubans from all the major manufacturers and there are MANY dominican/honduran/etc cigars that I prefer.

I apologize.

/thread.
    I hear you about this whole illicit drug thing and all. I can see why you wouldn't want to mention sources, but how is the illicit drug trade in Australia? I hear a lot of talk about fantastic drugs in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts were. Is the pot as good as they say?

Maybe you can hook this board up!

I'm in Iraq, and IMO most of the Cubans that I've smoked are more than likely fake. They have a similar taste to what others who can legally own them have descibed in forums other than this one but I'm not 100% on their authenticity.

And believe me, if its so wrong there are several thousand soldiers and civilians that should be on their way to jail, but aren't.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I hear you about this whole illicit drug thing and all. I can see why you wouldn't want to mention sources, but how is the illicit drug trade in Australia? I hear a lot of talk about fantastic drugs in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts were. Is the pot as good as they say?

Maybe you can hook this board up!
    I don't do (illegal) drugs. Only tobacco and alcohol. Apparently my home city (Adelaide) is the drug capital of Australia per capita. Drugs are bad mkay.

The reason I started this thread was not because I wanted to know how people illegally import the cigars, but more to cure my curiosity on what people think of the embargo, and the stigma it gives Cuban cigars in the media.

When you guys talk about an intro post, do you expect me to post a new thread introducing myself or is there an existing thread?

9. Default

I just read an article in Cigar Aficionado that stated that as many as one of every three Habano cigars sold end up in the hands of Americans.
    What does this tell us? Americans have a taste for the forbidden fruit. But also that if the cuban trade embargo is ever lifted that America will most likely become Cuba's biggest customer.

Blog Entries

I don't do (illegal) drugs. Only tobacco and alcohol. Apparently my home city (Adelaide) is the drug capital of Australia per capita. Drugs are bad mkay.

The reason I started this thread was not because I wanted to know how people illegally import the cigars, but more to cure my curiosity on what people think of the embargo, and the stigma it gives Cuban cigars in the media.

When you guys talk about an intro post, do you expect me to post a new thread introducing myself or is there an existing thread?
    That's funny. Why didn't you ask for our opinions on the embargo then? All I see is questions about methods to obtain illegal cigars, which I'm sure none of us U.S. citizens know a thing about.

Quote Originally Posted by tails
    Now, I know about the embargo with Cuba and the US.

I'm assuming a lot of you guys are from the states (I'm from Australia) but there is still a huge amount of Cubans being discussed on here, in fact I think majority of the cigars mentioned/reviewed on here are Cubans.

Now my question for all the inhabitants of the US here, how do you 'come about' your Cuban cigars? Here in Australia every smokemart has the major Cubans just behind the counter; Cohibas, Montecristos, RnJ's and so on and so fourth...(not to rub it in). Do you guys simply import them from Canada with switched packaging or what? It's something I've been wondering about since I started to become interested in cigars
    Yeah, start your own thread to introduce yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    That's funny. Why didn't you ask for our opinions on the embargo then? All I see is questions about methods to obtain illegal cigars, which I'm sure none of us U.S. citizens know a thing about.
    You got me...you sleuth, you.

Well then, lets make this my original post of the thread.

What is everyones thoughts on the embargo? What about the hypocritical way in which it happened (we all know the Kennedy story with the 1200 Upmanns)?

Does the embargo bother many of you guys much? Do you think Cuban cigars would have the stigma they do if they weren't illegal to obtain?

I have one last question, what's the law regarding if you're caught with Cubans in your home, are they confiscated? If some one were to still own cigars from before the embargo, would there be a problem?

Blog Entries

You got me...you sleuth, you.

Well then, lets make this my original post of the thread.

What is everyones thoughts on the embargo? What about the hypocritical way in which it happened (we all know the Kennedy story with the 1200 Upmanns)?

Does the embargo bother many of you guys much? Do you think Cuban cigars would have the stigma they do if they weren't illegal to obtain?

I have one last question, what's the law regarding if you're caught with Cubans in your home, are they confiscated? If some one were to still own cigars from before the embargo, would there be a problem?
    Didn't take much sleuthing, smart ass, just the ability to read and comprehend english.
    Why don't you try reading some old posts? This subject has been discussed before, more than once.

BTW, I think denver24 has you nailed, you troll, you.

Look, I'm not sure what every one is getting so antsy about. I tried to end the thread after I apologized originally, hence the /thread.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to pick fights or 'trolling' (had to look that one up). I was only a smart arse in retaliation.

I have repeated what I wanted, I just worded it wrong in the first post. Obviously I don't need tips on smuggling Cubans into the states because I don't live there.

now....

close the thread.

Blog Entries

You don't end it. We do.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    You don't end it. We do.
    Yes, but the idea is for you to end unwanted threads. It seems this is kind of unwanted.

16. Default

I honestly don't mind the embargo at all. I definitely won't mind if it is ever lifted but it leaves Cuban cigars at that "forbidden fruit" status. Makes them that much more of a treat if I ever get to try one. In the mean time there are so many good smokes from other countries to smoke. Others outside the US have made it clear that not all Cuban cigars are the best smokes out there.

You're a troll and a fucking tool. Where you from little man? I doubt it's from down under.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    You're a troll and a fucking tool. Where you from little man? I doubt it's from down under.
    Not a troll, I'm from Adelaide, Australia.

Ok - of course you don't do drugs... I gotcha!

So - can you hook the board up with your supplier "down under" - particularly because you're in the drug capital of Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Ok - of course you don't do drugs... I gotcha!

So - can you hook the board up with your supplier "down under" - particularly because you're in the drug capital of Australia?
    Yes.

Just PM me your name, address and phone number. I will send you a duffle bag full through UPS.

Thread Information