Thread: You May Think I'm Crazy But.....

1. Default You May Think I'm Crazy But.....

I had a truly great cigar last night and it was a No. 265 Churchill!!! I was originally given the box about 3 years ago and they were not worth burning to keep yourself warm. So, I put them in one of my fancier humidors both to age them and to use them as a display piece. Last night I decided to be brave and finally tried one. What an incredible difference! They were a mild-medium bodied smoke with woody undertones and a smooth vanilla-like finish. I would rate them an 89 on my scale.

I have many good cigars which I age to make better, but I never imagined that a few years would make such a difference on such otherwise crappy cigars. Has anyone had a similar experience? I have 22 of these little gems left and I cannot wait to smoke another one!
    "I Smoke in Moderation.... Just One Cigar at a Time." Mark Twain

I have about 18 MP Panatelas which I bought with my humi so I didn't have to fill an empty box from the local shop. I tried two when they arrived and they were not bad, but no good either. They've been aging about 6 months now and I may have to try one and see what, if anything has changed.
    Last edited by 8-5-8; 06-29-2005 at 10:42 AM.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

SFG75 Guest

Talking

I bought a box of natural cigars that were just god awful. I mean, the things were so nasty, that I just snapped 'em in half and reached for a better stick. Anyways, I put the box in the very bottom of my coolidor and let them sit for about over a year. Just like your experience, these dog rockets are pretty darn good with a little age on them. Letting cigars sit will do wonders if they are too peppery and a little too forward in taste.

And no, you aren't crazy.

Thread Information