Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Acid cigar?

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog2006 View Post
    Well, just to offer some sort of life line...

My gf wasn't thrilled about cigars until I bought an Acid blondie and offered her the taste. Well I didn't get that cigar back. I always have one or two hidden away somewhere as either a way to get her off my back or just as a change of pace for my own tastes.

Now, let the flames begin!
    I don't think the flames are posted at the taste buds, but he asked the opinion of the board, and they gave it to him, and he totally over- reacted.

Keith

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    I don't think the flames are posted at the taste buds, but he asked the opinion of the board, and they gave it to him, and he totally over- reacted.

Keith
    Damn, I thought you finally got the clue to stop posting for awhile. You should have posted more yesterday since it was two fer Tuesday......the guys could have had a buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by yzingerr View Post
    I have been reading the forum for the last 5 days and I do research answers to questions I have before asking them. Do you see any posts that have already been answered? NO.
    If anything, you are adding waste to the forum with your worthless answer.
    Really? If you think our friend was "ignorant" with his response to your question - you oughta see the "ignorance" you will get from the guys at my local shop if you light up an Acid in their presence.

Did you ever stop to think what you were adding to this forum with your question about Acids? So - what's next brother? Did you perhaps want to know what our favorite Backwoods or White Owls are?

Hands down - Acid is a niche cigar. It does not have a huge following, but those that buy into them love them (initially). What's interesting, though (having been around those cigars since they first came out) MOST of those that started their cigar smoking with Acids come to their senses a short time later.

Do us all a favor... This weekend - pick out a Rocky Patel Edge (reasonably priced cigar). Afterwards - smoke an Acid Kuba Kuba. Come back next week and let us know how that went.

Trust me - your fascination for those will fade with time.

Acids suck but hearing that is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. Drew estates make a cigar called liga privada. Its not some nasty flavored shit stick.

BTW - do you think a manufacturer would flavor good tasting, quality tobacco? Of course not. The flavor the sun burnt crap and what they sweep up from the rolling rooms floor.

Advice: (its free)
    A: don't be such a phuktard.
    B; don't smoke it in your car or house because it will stink for days.

Blog Entries

I'm getting awfully tired of all the Backwoods Bashing!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

To paraphrase a quote from a long gone member of this board:

"Friends don't let friends smoke Acids"

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    go fuck yourself.
    Cripes, you're always so vague.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    To paraphrase a quote from a long gone member of this board:

"Friends don't let friends smoke Acids"
    Or Macanudos, but that is a whole other discussion.

Acids suck stay away from them. Tried them on a whim with my buddies once, we all threw them away after an inch if that and were so disgusted by them we didn't even want to smoke something else afterward. Crap gar bottom line.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Acids smell like incense and make me wanna go to adult book stores and saw off parking meters.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Or Macanudos, but that is a whole other discussion.

Macanoodles or Acid's... Damn! Decisions, decisions...

I think I'd prefer he smoked Macanoodles at this point. Least ways until I get to know him better and take a liking to him...

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Acids smell like incense and make me wanna go to adult book stores and saw off parking meters.
    Now that is funny! LOL!!!
    Just another day at the office!

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Isn't that a normal evening out for you anyway? Or am I the only one?
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

12. Default

You dickheads need to save the old fucker a scrap or 2
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    You dickheads need to save the old fucker a scrap or 2
    Alright - out with it - which one a ya fuggers was supposed to give Kev the asshat alert signal?

its all personal preferances. I got a 5'er of the blondes to try them, but you would go to a smoke shop and actually smell them to see what ones fit you best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost8475 View Post
    its all personal preferances. I got a 5'er of the blondes to try them, but you would go to a smoke shop and actually smell them to see what ones fit you best.
    Yep - definietely personal preferences - and some people think the world of Backwoods, White Owls, A&C Grenadiers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...and some people think the world of Backwoods, White Owls, A&C Grenadiers, etc....
    I'll admit I was that way before having a real cigar. I tried an Acid Kuba Kuba in my early days of smoking cigars. My experience pretty much goes along with what has already been said about Acids on this board.
    Each day I break my previous record of consecutive days alive.

Blog Entries

I like the ORIGINAL Backwoods for fishing cigars.

Never had an Acid... closest thing was some Drew Estate Irish Hops thing that was given to me.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by TravPSU View Post
    I'll admit I was that way before having a real cigar. I tried an Acid Kuba Kuba in my early days of smoking cigars. My experience pretty much goes along with what has already been said about Acids on this board.
    Ok, pk, ok... You caught me with my pants down...

I admit it. Yes - I was a HUGE fan of A&C Grenadiers years ago. Flog me for it - I deserve it...

But - that was before a tobacconist at a "legit" cigar shop took one apart in front of me and showed me what was there (i.e. bits of newspaper, string, paper binder, cheap wrapper, etc.) Literally - the cigar was garbage. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Absolute crap.

So - when I lump A&C, White Owls, Backwoods, Swisher Sweets, etc into that Acid category (admittedly, Acid is better constructed than the others, but definitely not anywhere near the cream of the crop in the cigar world), it is my previous embarassment to the ignorance I suffered that causes me to react rather strongly to people asking me which piece of crap cigar I would prefer to smoke.

Bottom line - none of 'em. And I ain't going back!!!

If you come to a site such as this to talk about cigars - expect talk about cigars. If you've come to compare the various wonderful banana, grape, orange, incense, etc. flavors of crap cigars - it should not be unexpected that one would get a pretty strong negative reaction. it's no different than going to a fine aged spirits site and asking members thoughts about Tequiza (because it does, after all, contain SOME Tequila .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I like the ORIGINAL Backwoods for fishing cigars.

Never had an Acid... closest thing was some Drew Estate Irish Hops thing that was given to me.
    O.K. bwa.....I'll step up and admit that I have smoked a few backwoods myself. I have also smoked an Acid cigar, and some macadoodles.

I have smoked White Owls, Swisher Sweets, Phillies and even a Prime Time filtered thingy.

There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    O.K. bwa.....I'll step up and admit that I have smoked a few backwoods myself. I have also smoked an Acid cigar, and some macadoodles.

I have smoked White Owls, Swisher Sweets, Phillies and even a Prime Time filtered thingy.

There, I said it.
    Thanks for sharing! I know it was painful - but trust me - you'll feel better now for opening up to your brothers...

Thread Information