Thread: Some tips for you

Default Some tips for you

Some basic tips when you want to buy a cigar are it online or at a cigar shop. Fresh cigar when pinched displays a tender wrapper and binder. While inspecting a box of cigar, discoloration of each piece should not be present as it might be a sign of a bad cigar. When talking about the size of a cigar try to consider its length and ring. A cigar with a seven inch in length with a bigger diameter will take hours to finish. While a five inch cigar and smaller in diameter is the best shot for a quick smoke after lunch. For the ring, the bigger the ring size the cooler the cigar smokers will be. The next will be the rating based on quality, appearance, construction and way it is smoked. Aroma or flavors should be in balance to give the cigar its overall taste.

Quote Originally Posted by leena View Post
    Some basic tips when you want to buy a cigar are it online or at a cigar shop. Fresh cigar when pinched displays a tender wrapper and binder. While inspecting a box of cigar, discoloration of each piece should not be present as it might be a sign of a bad cigar. When talking about the size of a cigar try to consider its length and ring. A cigar with a seven inch in length with a bigger diameter will take hours to finish. While a five inch cigar and smaller in diameter is the best shot for a quick smoke after lunch. For the ring, the bigger the ring size the cooler the cigar smokers will be. The next will be the rating based on quality, appearance, construction and way it is smoked. Aroma or flavors should be in balance to give the cigar its overall taste.
    Perhaps tomorrow we can cover the days of the week.

3. Default

Well, I'm glad you are here to tell me this.

Seriously, this is the kind of stuff you tell your friend who is smoking his first cigar, not the kinda stuff you tell a bunch of guys who already know what they are doing. If I wanted to know how pick out a cigar I would have asked, or just used the search button.

Seriously, WTF. Am I picking out a cigar or looking for a ripe melon at the market?

Perhaps tomorrow we can cover the days of the week.

Hmmm ... I was thinking we could start a little slower with how the fuel gauge in a vehicle works, then we could work up to numbers on a clock, and then finally days of the week.

Pop quiz would be the number of eggs in a carton, but we throw in different carton sizes so that comprehension of the topic material is achieved.

Un-frickin-believable. This post is so "Hewkd un fonnicks es werkin fer mi".

Kris

Blog Entries

Damn you guys are harsh!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I have a lamp that doesn't work. It's plugged in and everything. Somebody said I need to change the bulb, whatever that means. Can you help?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I have a lamp that doesn't work. It's plugged in and everything. Somebody said I need to change the bulb, whatever that means. Can you help?
    Did you pinch the bulb? Check for discoloration? Did you lick the bulb to check for bad taste?
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    No idea what that is, but I hear it takes at least 3 Irish guys to do it.

Blog Entries

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

10. Default

I dunno, personally I'd like to thank Leena for the tips.....A public service as it were.

Next time I buy a box of cigars on line...oops "are it on lie" Some basic tips when you want to buy a cigar are it online or at a cigar shop. I will check the firmness and the wrapper color of the contents prior to hitting enter on my order, even tho I am 800 miles away from the online retailer and the box is wrapper in cello.........yeah that's it. Maybe I can talk the lovely young ladies that take my JR order into running down to the football stadium sized humidor and pull out a box of El Cruditos and check for me.

Hey Coventry, nice car, I have an 87, my go to car for long rides with a cigar..can't beat the mix of Connolly and cigar
    Last edited by great garbanzo; 09-24-2009 at 06:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by great garbanzo View Post
    I dunno, personally I'd like to thank Leena for the tips.....A public service as it were.

Next time I buy a box of cigars on line...oops "are it on lie" Some basic tips when you want to buy a cigar are it online or at a cigar shop. I will check the firmness and the wrapper color of the contents prior to hitting enter on my order, even tho I am 800 miles away from the online retailer and the box is wrapper in cello.........yeah that's it. Maybe I can talk the lovely young ladies that take my JR order into running down to the football stadium sized humidor and pull out a box of El Cruditos and check for me.

Hey Coventry, nice car, I have an 87, my go to car for long rides with a cigar..can't beat the mix of Connolly and cigar
    LMAO!

Garbanzo, the one in the photo is an '86 and I also have an identical '87 (same color) that I'm working on. The engine blew in the '86 so I haven't driven it in quite some time. I have a '96 VDP for my daily driver:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

12. Default

Nice color,

I actually just sold my 96 VDP w/130,000 last week to my nephew..for not much. Pretty car, light green w/tan interior. Bought it in 02 for $15,500...love depreciation on Jags!! The wheels, (same as yours), really started pitting and I never drove it in the winter

It was bullet proof except for the shifter cable kept doing odd things and it would pop out of park quite often......W/ a 5 year old (as of YESTERDAY), around the house I had to ditch it.

Will probably get another next year, would like a 2001-2003 V8 but unless you get a VDP the interiors are sparse. My dream would be a 2001 XK8 but I would rather have the coupe.

Enjoy your 96, I like the 4.0 ltr straight six as an historic point but I hated getting blown away by Kias. My current ride is a Volvo AWD wagon, (live in snow country in Upstate NY), very sexy.

oh well, apologies to all for going off topic....but cars are cool too!!

Quote Originally Posted by great garbanzo View Post
    I will check the firmness and the wrapper color of the contents prior to hitting enter on my order, even tho I am 800 miles away from the online retailer and the box is wrapper in cello

LOL, I don't measure mileage .... I'm into time zones now!

Being in the middle of Iraq the closest place to me with a decent humidor is Kuwait International, and even then its not as good as some of the B&M's I've been in.

Kris

LOL - you guys are harsh. Comments are hilarious though.

Hope Leena has some thick skin and a sense of humor.

Harsh? Man this is nothing.

You should try being in our office. The dead baby jokes, the name calling, the swearing, the "I saw your sister the other day, but didn't bother her cuz she was on her street corner." .... you'd think we were family or something.

Thread Information