Thread: Man-o-War 2nds

Blog Entries

Default Man-o-War 2nds

CI claims that these are real deals only with defects in so far as being too tightly rolled or blemished. I've read where others have been burned with seconds so I wanted to solicite a few opinions before I decide whether or not to pull the trigger.
    " I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"

Quote Originally Posted by from CI
    These are factory selects, meaning the only reason they didn’t make the grade was due to aesthetics. Some of the wrappers may be too light or have uneven color, but they’ll still smoke well and taste great. Talk about a value, these definitely won’t last long.

It doesn't say they are rolled too tight. It reads "wrappers may be too light."

Man O' Wars are great cigars. I always have some on hand. I've never tried the seconds. But I'm sure they will be fine. Probably not as good as the regular ones though. If you want to score some Man O' Wars just go to cigarbid. The "Firsts" are always on there and you can get them really cheap.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've noticed that even if you go straight to the purchase price it STILL represents a significant savings. Thanks for the correction on the wrapper thing........

Quote Originally Posted by FranK View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that even if you go straight to the purchase price it STILL represents a significant savings. Thanks for the correction on the wrapper thing........
    I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you talking about the original Man O' War price or the slashed(not the sale price) 2nds price?

FYI, the "regular price", that is slashed, for the 2nds is bullshit. That price is based on the regular, per stick price of the "Firsts." Yes they are now cheaper per stick with the "sale." But you can still get them for less elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you talking about the original Man O' War price or the slashed(not the sale price) 2nds price?

FYI, the "regular price", that is slashed, for the 2nds is bullshit. That price is based on the regular, per stick price of the "Firsts." Yes they are now cheaper per stick with the "sale." But you can still get them for less elsewhere.
    I think he's talking about the "buy it now" price on the devil site.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I think he's talking about the "buy it now" price on the devil site.
    That could be.

Is that what you mean Frank? If so the box of coronas and the mega-sampler on Cbid are cheaper per stick then the 2nds bundle on CI. And that's the quick buy price, so it's possible to get them for even less.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's it. By the way Ashauler.....Why did you call it the Devil site?

Yeah, that's it. By the way Ashauler.....Why did you call it the Devil site?
    You have much to learn, grasshopper...

It will suck you in and eat up your cash. You will never know what hit you - and will live with the shame of regret...

Blog Entries

Jamie calls it the devil site because he simply has no self control...

...now excuse me while I go drop another $50.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Great, now the frickin cigar monster has a fiver of triple maddies for $20 (ends in 30 mins)... there goes another $20...

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

CI claims that these are real deals only with defects in so far as being too tightly rolled or blemished. I've read where others have been burned with seconds so I wanted to solicite a few opinions before I decide whether or not to pull the trigger.
    IMHO, they are called 2nds for a reason.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

It will suck you in and eat up your cash. You will never know what hit you - and will live with the shame of regret...
    And along with the regret, if you're not careful, you'll end up with a pile of sticks in the bottom of your coolidor that, well, they find their way to the bottom for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    And along with the regret, if you're not careful, you'll end up with a pile of sticks in the bottom of your coolidor that, well, they find their way to the bottom for a reason.
    ...hence the "shame of regret"...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

You nailed that one. I am waiting for the wife to throw my laptop out the window.

I brought a ton of cigars to a buddies BBQ this summer just to get rid of them. I put them in tupperware and left it next to the keg.

I'd say 90+% were from cigarbid.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I brought a ton of cigars to a buddies BBQ this summer just to get rid of them. I put them in tupperware and left it next to the keg.

I'd say 90+% were from cigarbid.
    I do the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Jamie calls it the devil site because he simply has no self control...

...now excuse me while I go drop another $50.

-Buzz

I have learned this already. I started with a jewelry drawer in my bureau. Then moved up to a donated wood and plastic Partagas humidor. Moved on with junkie speed to 50 count cherry box but the monkey on my back said, "hey Frank....that 75 count mahogany number would look great in your living room." So it's true!!! I have a monkey on my back with three f-----g humidors but I am strong! I can stop buying cigars any time I damn well please!!! ANY TIME I WANT.....

I have learned this already. I started with a jewelry drawer in my bureau. Then moved up to a donated wood and plastic Partagas humidor. Moved on with junkie speed to 50 count cherry box but the monkey on my back said, "hey Frank....that 75 count mahogany number would look great in your living room." So it's true!!! I have a monkey on my back with three f-----g humidors but I am strong! I can stop buying cigars any time I damn well please!!! ANY TIME I WANT.....
    Hell! I've already quit twice THIS week alone!!

Thread Information