Thread: CRA Call To Arms!

1. Default CRA Call To Arms!

I'm now issuing a "Call to Arms" to the CS brothers and sisters to become CRA members if you have not done so already. In speaking with heads of the organization I have been impressed with their model of grass roots beginnings much like the NRA in building a following and lobbying team in battling new tax increases and smoking bans. Not only will your monies go directly to fight new taxes and smoking bans but the membership entitles you to free invites to local cigar events with the major manufacturers and free giveaways. There are currently free trip raffles to Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, and Honduras. As a consumer I really want to support our rights to smoke in more places and let our local governments know that we are tired of those restrictions. To sweeten new membership to the CS if you sign up now and contact me that you did I will send you a little something you might enjoy as I believe there is strength in our numbers. The only thing I ask is when you go to their website to become a member please denote that you heard from Christian and include my member # 175966. The more of us that have a voice, the more the politicians have to listen as the bottom line is they want to keep their jobs and need our votes. I will also keep you updated on events going on and the new cigars coming soon to only CRA members. I got a sneak preview and you will not be disappointed! Thanks for your support!! Christian, CRA Ambassador.
    Website Link: http://www.cigarrights.org/membership.htm

Update: Just wanted to update that now anyone who joins CRA will receive 2 limited edition size and blend cigars for free. The manufacturers involved are as follows:

ASHTON VSG, CAO Lx2 Rosado Especiale, Casa Fenerandez, Davidoff Avo Classic #2, Drew Estate Liga Privada No. 9, General Cigar's Punch – CRA Blend, La Flor Dominicana LG – CRA Blend, Padron 1964 Anniversary Series, Rocky Patel – CRA Blend, Tatuaje Black Label lonsdale.

As soon as you join you will receive two of these cigars at random. In addition as always if you get in touch with me and let me know that you joined and include your address I will send you a stick as well as thanks for supporting the cause. Also my member # is 175966. Thanks again for supporting this cause and let's continue to fight for our Cigar Rights of America! Christian Aliperti, CRA Ambassador.

Ummm ..... okay?

I think a little homework is in order first.
    I do like the T-shirts though.
    Last edited by VictorMJR66; 12-05-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Blog Entries

If you're "Christian" then who is Eric Driscoll?

Christian, Eric or whoever the hell you are, pretty much the only thing individuals can do is WRITE (not call or email) their US Congressman or their two US Senators and express their concerns.

Bombarding Congressmen and Senators who don't represent you with emails and phone calls is a waste of time and stupid.

The bottom line is cigar smokers make up an extremely small percentage of the populace, even less than gun owners. The hard core NRA and gun rights people account for around 3% of the vote in any given election.

As far as fighting "tax increases" don't waste your time. "Sin" taxes are where Democrats look first to increase taxes when they spend more money then they have which is what they're famous for. Sin taxes (booze, alcohol, etc.) only affect a small part of the populace and a vast majority of the public supports increasing those sins taxes because it's a "choice" that individuals can easily avoid, you don't want to pay higher tobacco taxes, then don't buy tobacco.

I'm all for the cause but I'm personally not going to waste my time and money on your Cigar Rights of America and unfortunately in my case, I'm also not going to bother writing to my Congressman and US Senators because all three of them are Democrats who are bleeding heart liberals who side with the anti smoking nazis. One of our US Senators is going to lose next time around to a Republican so in my case, it's a step in the "right" direction however I don't know which Republican is going to wind up beating him or where he/she stands on tobacco issues so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-05-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Oh gezus, here we go....

I go to the CRA website and only looked at it for five seconds and found this gem:

All 50 states in America have some form of smoking ban and local, state, and federal governments are working to pass more-restrictive legislature.
    That would be "LEGISLATION" not "legislature." (fuggen idiots)

Poor writing and grammar on their pathetic website is laughable!. What Congressman or Senator is going to take these buffoons seriously when they can't even spell or write?

Absolutely pathetic!

EDIT: Here's another one from the same page:

Over the past twenty years, the anti-tobacco movement has broadened their reach and scope and are moving towards abolishing ALL forms of tobacco including cigars.
    "ITS" not "their"

"the anti-tobacco movement" as used here is singular, not plural. If the dope who wrote this would have said "the anti-tobacco movement PEOPLE HAVE broadened" then "their" would be the proper word to follow.

Again, if these clowns can't even write at a fourth grade level, I have no use for these dopes. I have absolutely no patience and tolerance for $hit like this. Organizations like this who are run by idiots and morons do the cause more harm than good when they write like illiterate slobs.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 12-05-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

<<<<crickets>>>>

I will admit though that his post from today telling us about the drawing/contest was very well written, a marked improvement from this gobbledygook.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information