Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Cigar Cutter

Default The Ultimate Cigar Cutter

If you haven't already seen these cutters in this month's issue of CA, take a look at them at: www.bostoncigarcutter.com. These are gorgeous pieces, although, you'll have to have money to burn.

They are gorgeous. Have you had luck with them?

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

dont really know what to call it, but ive never really been a fan of that old timey wood look. not saying i dont like a nice wood humidor over a stainless steel cutting edge(no pun intended) graphite inlay carbon fiber digital humidor (i have both) but i just dont like that wide open grain oak look. i like my wood to be smooth and clean . . . and pretty to look at. . . .(i just realized how wrong that sounds lol)like someone worked hours on it to smooth it down, and subtle hints of grain. . . . something more elegant

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

Default my first official post whore event

also, i wouldnt pay 550 bucks for that cutter or else i would be using it for every single cigar i got and i dont like that cut all the time.

Blog Entries

That has to be the cutter my boss has. I was over at his "barn" the other day (he calls it a barn, but its more laid out like a nice bar). He had one of these (or something real similar) mounted on the wall.

It actually made a perfect cut for my Torpedo.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Nice looking and probably gives a good cut . . . but I $500+ on a CUTTER! No ing way!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

To be honest, I wouldn't mind having one of those cutters but if I bought one, I probably couldn't afford the cigars to use it!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

would anyone like to buy a child so i can afford my new cutter,pm me if interested
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Depends. Does the kid know how to cut a cigar?

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    would anyone like to buy a child so i can afford my new cutter,pm me if interested
    I have two little ones, soooooooooooooooooo.......... I think I'll get the "classic Boston" and "little guy" cutters.

My, those things look nice. I'd love to just try one of them even once.

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    I have two little ones, soooooooooooooooooo.......... I think I'll get the "classic Boston" and "little guy" cutters.

My, those things look nice. I'd love to just try one of them even once.

You haven't tried one yet, Scotty? Hmmmm....

Then please - go ahead and give them a hearty recommendation!!

You're getting to sound an awful like PuroBrat these days....

Blog Entries

Scroto, you better get yourself a copy of this book, you'll need to read it:
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

My friend has a "Little Guy" cutter. Where he bought it it was marked at 125, the retail price, but they didn't understand why it was so expensive so they sold it to him for $10.00. It is a clean "cat's eye" type cut but he claims it feels awkward in your mouth-- he is used to a clean guillotine cut. Don't pay the outrageous price for one. Personally I have tried it; its not bad. I do prefer the traditional cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    My friend has a "Little Guy" cutter. Where he bought it it was marked at 125, the retail price, but they didn't understand why it was so expensive so they sold it to him for $10.00. It is a clean "cat's eye" type cut but he claims it feels awkward in your mouth-- he is used to a clean guillotine cut. Don't pay the outrageous price for one. Personally I have tried it; its not bad. I do prefer the traditional cut.
    Damn, I wish all retailers were as confused as that!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon

The cutter feels awkward in his mouth. WTF...Don't chew on those things.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    The cutter feels awkward in his mouth. WTF...Don't chew on those things.
    LOL

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

haha sarge . .

ive tried one of those cats eye thingamajagger cutters, i didnt like the cut or the way the cut ON THE CIGAR ;) felt in your mouth either. but it didnt fall apart like i thought it would was probably a well made cigar too though CA just rated it poorly this quarter

Supposedly the cat-eye cut makes more of the residue appear on the sides leaving the middle of the cigar cleaner with a better draw. I don't know if thats true, I use a cheapo plastic double blade cutter

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeManiX
    haha sarge . .

ive tried one of those cats eye thingamajagger cutters, i didnt like the cut or the way the cut ON THE CIGAR ;) felt in your mouth either. but it didnt fall apart like i thought it would was probably a well made cigar too though CA just rated it poorly this quarter
    The "V" cutter is supposed to do a real nice job on Torpedo's. I've heard people raving about it. I had a Montecristo #2 cut with the V cutter and didn't care for the draw. I guess, to each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    The "V" cutter is supposed to do a real nice job on Torpedo's. I've heard people raving about it. I had a Montecristo #2 cut with the V cutter and didn't care for the draw. I guess, to each his own...

I used a guillotine cutter on all cigars, but was having draw problems with torpedos. I bought a V cutter and it works much better on Torpedos than my traditional cutter.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information