Thread: Cigarsmokers.com and vBulletin

Blog Entries

Call me crazy, but I'm sick of the forum software we are using for Cigarsmokers.com. I went ahead and purchased a site license for vBulletin 3.06 and will be setting up a test server this week.

Good news: It looks like I will be able to import all the old posts, users, polls, etc.

Bad news: Passwords won’t import. I think I can get away with allowing everyone to use the "Forgot your password" functionality provided that everyone has a secret question/answer.

I'm excited. vBulletin has many add-ons that will help make things allot more interactive and fun!.

I will be posting updates as we move along.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

I've been playing around with the vBulletin software over at www[dot]cigarsmoking[dot]info if anyone cares to take a look. I still need to work on the skin a bit and figure out how to get everything moved over. Apparently the php compile at my host doesnt like MSSQL to much. I have to move the Web Wiz database from MS SQL to MySQL.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information