Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cbid

Default cbid

How are they able to sell cigars so cheap? It really makes me think that there MUST be something wrong with them..like they weren't humidified properly or something like that. Even the buy it now stuff is so much cheaper than normal stores how is that even possible?!

Blog Entries

Ginormous buying power.

I've never had any problems with quality, maybe slightly OVER humidified, but that's normal for most retailers.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Ginormous buying power.

I've never had any problems with quality, maybe slightly OVER humidified, but that's normal for most retailers.
    So it's sort of like a Walmart type of deal just even bigger savings! haha Thanks for the response.

Blog Entries

I believe cbid is owned and operated by Cigars International. They are a large retailer and as BWA said, they have the power to dictate better buying terms for themselves from the manufacturers. I've ordered several times from CBid and quality was always great and customer service was as well. The wilder thought is how high the margin is if you buy the cigars at full price. Even with Cbid, I would think that Cigars International is making a decent profit on sales through Cbid. I could be wrong, and I would appreciate if the membership corrected me if I am off-base. Hope this helps.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    I believe cbid is owned and operated by Cigars International. They are a large retailer and as BWA said, they have the power to dictate better buying terms for themselves from the manufacturers. I've ordered several times from CBid and quality was always great and customer service was as well. The wilder thought is how high the margin is if you buy the cigars at full price. Even with Cbid, I would think that Cigars International is making a decent profit on sales through Cbid. I could be wrong, and I would appreciate if the membership corrected me if I am off-base. Hope this helps.
    Yeah it does seem like CI has something to do with it considering they're always selling CI branded stuff and the same exact stuff that CI sells. Everytime I go to buy something elsewhere I always check cbid first because sometimes they have buy it now at almost half price!

Blog Entries

Yes, Cigarbid and Cigars international are the same company.

I'm sure it's quite rare that a particular auction ends at a lower price than their wholesale cost, and if it does, the three auctions that end higher than the CI normel price will make up for it.

Never understood someone bidding higher than the "buy it now" price, but I see it a lot!

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Cost to a B&M is just a wee bit south of 50% of pre-tax retail. Cost to CI is far less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Cost to a B&M is just a wee bit south of 50% of pre-tax retail. Cost to CI is far less.
    That's a nice margin depending on overhead. Thanks for the insight!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Quote Originally Posted by denver24 View Post
    That's a nice margin depending on overhead. Thanks for the insight!
    Yeah, but it takes a lot of cigars for your local B&M to pay the rent.

Quote Originally Posted by -nick- View Post
    So it's sort of like a Walmart type of deal just even bigger savings! haha Thanks for the response.
    No - While CI (and a few others) are the Walmarts of the cigar world, Cbid is more like the eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    No - While CI (and a few others) are the Walmarts of the cigar world, Cbid is more like the eBay.
    Except it's not used stuff. Either way I'm not complaining just trying to figure out how they managed. Thanks guys!

12. Default

ci has been proven to buy closeouts and sub par cigars . Plus they have a lot of old names made with a shitty blend now,case in point is don lino Africa. It is a ci shitty blend exclusive now
    The older I get ,the better I was

Except it's not used stuff. Either way I'm not complaining just trying to figure out how they managed. Thanks guys!
    They don't sell new/unused stuff on eBay? Hmmm... That's strange... I could have sworn they did.

...think "analogy", nicholas.

They don't sell new/unused stuff on eBay? Hmmm... That's strange... I could have sworn they did.

...think "analogy", nicholas.
    Haha good call. But don't call me nicholas anymore it's kind of creepy. haha

Haha good call. But don't call me nicholas anymore it's kind of creepy. haha

The name's Nicholas Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Nicholas, and I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Blog Entries

Lighten up, Francis!

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Lighten up, Francis!
    No - lighten up Nicholas!!!

No - lighten up Nicholas!!!
    Hahaha what movie is that from? Alright if you enjoy calling me nicholas then it's ok because it's kinda cute.

Blog Entries

Hahaha what movie is that from? Alright if you enjoy calling me nicholas then it's ok because it's kinda cute.
    "Stripes" with Bill Murray

You better check with Cinda before you use the "" I think she has copyrights on it.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    ci has been proven to buy closeouts and sub par cigars . Plus they have a lot of old names made with a shitty blend now,case in point is don lino Africa. It is a ci shitty blend exclusive now
    Yeah, I only buy what I know or can get an impartial review on. Like any retailer, they give everything they sell a thumbs up. I remember buying a fiver of El Meijor cigars because they looked so good. Complete crap. They looked good because they had dyed wrappers that turned my lips brown.

At the same time, if you like Carlos Torano, Rocky Patel, Indian Tabac, Gurkha, etc. They're as good from CI as anywhere else. I notice I've been doing more buying from Famous Smokes lately.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information