Took the wifey to A Christmas Carol - 3D yesterday in the afternoon. I was very impressed. Despite our best efforts to save a few bucks by going to the matinee, I guess because it's a 3D movie. Was just as much as a regular priced movie.

I want to say the story follows the Charles Dickens book. There are subtle differences between it and the Charles C. Scott movie, and though it may sound blasphemous, I liked the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come better in the modern version. The storyline is quite similar to the original, and Jim Carrey never got all Jim-Carrey-like in this movie (which I hate - he TOTALLY ripped off Bruce Campbell's shtick).

I don't know that I could recommend it for kids under, say 9 or 10. There were some scary parts to it, and some things that may have gone over the kids heads. That having been said, there was a birthday party in the theater for kids that couldn't have been older than 7. Oh, well.

The 3D was pretty good. Not fabulous, but not terrible. The previews before the movie were for 3D movies, even!

Overall: