Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Humi - not in use

I tossed my one cigar case as soon as I was able after I had to man handle it open (tore the seals all to hell). I thought the damned thing was glued shut after a flight. That just plain sucked...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    Well its better than going from sea level to altitude .... I popped the latches on it and thought it was going to explode trying to get open.
    Now that is a Cigar Bomb!

Dr. Lopaka

I have a question... When traveling with a cigar case on planes have you guys had any problems taking the cases on carry on?

I know I have read a post on traveling a while ago and they keep changing the regulations and such... Also can u take butane lighters on carry on and would it be a good or bad idea to bring a butane refill bottle? I would prob put in in my underneath luggage...

Blog Entries

The refill bottle will be a really bad idea in ANY luggage.... Best not to bring any compressed explosive gasses on your trip, what with people lighting their underwear on fire these days!
    You may get a bic lighter through, but I would still avoid the hassle and just buy one at your destination.

Cigars should be fine in your carry on.
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 01-10-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I think it depends a lot on the guy sitting there at the X-ray machine, too. I've gotten body scanned at DFW with a lighter and swiss army knife with no problems, only to have them taken away at the completely empty Nashville airport on my way home. Besides, lighters and fuel should be easily obtained wherever you're going. If that's not an option, just leave your passport at home and they should let you through with no problem.
    End of line.

I have two travel humis (regular and flavored). During the summer they get used every week to go to and from the boat, and in winter only a couple times a month. I always keep them closed and humidified. I keep a couple of cedar strips in there. I've never had an issue with this, so for me it works. I don't know if it's technically "right."

Quote Originally Posted by UPinSmoke16 View Post
    I have a question... When traveling with a cigar case on planes have you guys had any problems taking the cases on carry on?

I know I have read a post on traveling a while ago and they keep changing the regulations and such... Also can u take butane lighters on carry on and would it be a good or bad idea to bring a butane refill bottle? I would prob put in in my underneath luggage...
    How much is it worth to you to be stopped and quesioned? It's not worth my time/effort - my travel case, cutter and lighter (el cheapo) goes into the checked luggage. And every once in a while I have had my lighter and cutter confiscated (even though they're not supposed to).

I would think a bottle of butane fluid would be a definite no-no for carry on. I'd suspect they may even react to it being in a suitcase, if they were to find it...

CI sells a Colibri lighter transport device, looks like a giant yellow pill:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...&stext=colibri

I've used this twice now to take a lighter home with me on vacation from Iraq and back again, so it's done both domestic and international travel without any problems. I just make sure it's filled before I take it with me so that if I need a good smoke somewhere I've got something to light one up.

Im going to Jamaica in a couple months for 6 days... I def wouldnt bring the butane refill on carry on but put it in stow away... And I guess ill prob put all my cigar stuff in stow away... Im thinking my butance should last me 6 days... if not ill bring a bic for good measure... thanks guys and sorry for hijacking your thread bonsai...

Blog Entries

The TSA's policy on lighters is that they are fine for carry on, unless it is a torch lighter. All torch lighters are prohibited from both carry-on and checked luggage. The butane can is also a no-no.

ahh i see.... thanks for the info eville

Thread Information