Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    I'm the same way about Blue Ray. We don't see movies in the theater because of the prices. If I'm going to spend some nice coin on a movie, I want to me assured that I'm going to enjoy it. We just wait until it come out on Blue Ray and then watch it.

Lopaka
    I tend to agree, unless a movie comes out that is going to be significantly enhanced on the big-screen. With all the hype about the 3-D and IMAX, Avatar seemed to be the perfect candidate.
    End of line.

Blog Entries

So my wife and I went to see it last night (in 3D of course, cause we are smart)

The plot was very predictable as Mark pointed out, but I think that the CG makes up for it - absolutely stunning. I was excited to see the new 3D, but was disappointed with it. Seemed no different than previous 3D movies I have seen, and in fact I would say it was a little distracting at times and took away from the graphics. I would like to see it in 2D just for the CG next time... but I'll wait for DVD (the sound effects weren't worth the theater price either IMO). Also, when the Matrix did the slow motion fight scenes it was pretty cool, now it is lame - stop doing it guys.

The popcorn was really good though, tons of butter.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

3. Default

I saw this movie after having read many of the reviews in here...I totally agree that the story is nothing special, basically a re-hash of Dances with Wolves/Pocahontas.

In terms of the special effects, WOW!!!! It really is something special. I highly recommend seeing it in 3D. The shots where they are looking through windows are just awesome.

Thread Information