Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTB: liberty, pad. mille., ER

Quote Originally Posted by ncohafmuta View Post
    I work in IT. I think it's fair to say i have many-a computer, and that for me typing goes faster when it's for substance and not using extra keystrokes for capitalization. Plus, i'm in linux shells all day, where case-sensitivity matters, so avoiding the shift key is just normal for me.

-Tony
    I hear you with the machine language. But- not unlike the digital world, case sensitivity in human communication matters. So - not avoiding the shift key should be normal when you step back into the real world. I have many an IT friend that spends the day with their head in linux shells - and somehow (not sure how) they seem to manage to separate the real world from the digital realm and send e-mails that are easy on the eyes (i.e. capitalization, punctionation, lack of abbreviations, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I hear you with the machine language. But- not unlike the digital world, case sensitivity in human communication matters. So - not avoiding the shift key should be normal when you step back into the real world. I have many an IT friend that spends the day with their head in linux shells - and somehow (not sure how) they seem to manage to separate the real world from the digital realm and send e-mails that are easy on the eyes (i.e. capitalization, punctionation, lack of abbreviations, etc).
    :) You're the first person that's ever mentioned it. Have I really not used punctuation? I'll have to go back and look. I thought I used commas and periods fine.
    It's funny though hearing you say that this and email is the 'real world'. I haven't heard that before. In my real world, there's no shift keys.

-Tony

:) You're the first person that's ever mentioned it. Have I really not used punctuation? I'll have to go back and look. I thought I used commas and periods fine.
    It's funny though hearing you say that this and email is the 'real world'. I haven't heard that before. In my real world, there's no shift keys.

-Tony
    I hate to jump your shit, jump on a bandwagon, or jump at all. I don't like to jump. However, I am in the same industry, and using that as an excuse just makes IT folks look lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
    I hate to jump your shit, jump on a bandwagon, or jump at all. I don't like to jump. However, I am in the same industry, and using that as an excuse just makes IT folks look lazy.
    ehh, you say lazy, i say efficient. *shrug*

-Tony

-Tony
    "Real World" is anything outside of the linux "box" you operate in. I can see wanting to be "efficient" inside the box, but outside the box - efficiency isn't always the most desireable trait.

If all you're used to is operating in the "box" real world - you really need to get outside and smell the fresh air. Socialization is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    "Real World" is anything outside of the linux "box" you operate in. I can see wanting to be "efficient" inside the box, but outside the box - efficiency isn't always the most desireable trait.

If all you're used to is operating in the "box" real world - you really need to get outside and smell the fresh air. Socialization is a good thing.
    That still doesn't make any sense, maybe you're just not explaining well enough. You're still contending that anything outside my boxes is considered the real world. as if this is the real world? How you consider that 'the fresh air' just doesn't compute. Maybe because it's people i'm talking to and not directly to a computer, even though it's still digitally? That I can understand.

-Tony

Tony don't you think its time you just drop it, start over and introduce your self?

For some one that don't have time to establish him self on a new forum you spend a lot of time arguing on it.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Dude,

If you are really too busy to develop any social skills, why are you wasting your "valuable" time posting on this board? You came in, apparently made your deal, so move on. End of story. For such a profound and mature individual you are definately not acting like it.

Again the saying holds true "Common sense is not common amongst all people"

...geez...
    Last edited by ndv21; 01-27-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Crap....Mangyrat beat me to it! Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Tony don't you think its time you just drop it, start over and introduce your self?

For some one that don't have time to establish him self on a new forum you spend a lot of time arguing on it.
    we just were socializing. now you want me to drop a valid topic. did i lose my approved topics list?

-Tony

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Tony don't you think its time you just drop it, start over and introduce yourself?

For someone that doesn't have time to establish himself on a new forum you spend a lot of time arguing on it.
    Let me fix that for you, my friend!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

we just were socializing. Now you want me to drop a valid topic. Did i lose my approved topics list?

-tony
    you don't have time to socialize!!

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    you don't have time to socialize!!
    Criticized for not wanting to socialize, then having a discussion on socializing (which is odd in itself), and still criticized.
    Damn if i do, damned if i don't?

-Tony

Blog Entries

Criticized for not wanting to socialize, then having a discussion on socializing (which is odd in itself), and still criticized.
    Damn if i do, damned if i don't?

-Tony
    Maybe, maybe not.

I'm curious why you are still posting here?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.

I'm curious why you are still posting here?
    I dunno, got into an interesting discussion while bangin' on each other.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Let me fix that for you, my friend!
    I knew you were good for something.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ndv21 View Post
    Dude,
    For such a profound and mature individual you are definately not acting like it.
    haha, where'd you get mature and profound??

-Tony

I'm just going to sit back and watch the inevitable melt down.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that.
    HA! If that's not in someone's sig by the end of the week, I'll be surprised!
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuffsAlot View Post
    Funny, I was going to put it in mine. Then saw someone else beat me to it. I forgot who that was though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuffsAlot View Post

It's been in mine since this morning, when I spat coffee all over my monitor!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information