Thread: Travel Humidor how long?

1. Default Travel Humidor how long?

I want a way to keep cigars at work. I do not have a office or desk but I have a perty big locker. Im thinking about getting a Travel Humidor. One of those hard plastic ones to leave a few cigars at work. Im kinda under the impression that Travel Humidors are good for short term travel. Or can they be used for longer? I do not smoke everyday, my smoking frequency changes all the time. Sometimes I go months with out smokeing some times Ill smoke 2 or 3 in a day. I only smoke at work every once in a great while. So I could see cigars being kept for a while in the humi at work. But lately ive found myself in a situation where I could enjoy a smoke at work but don't have the time or ability to swing by home to go pick one up, and the only place to buy cigars here is at a liquer store with a small display humidor so they dont have much selection. I think Id get hung if I went into a liquer store on working hours regaurdless of why. Anyway do you have any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Why don't you look for a 10-20 count humidor to keep in your locker? You say you have a pretty big locker so that should work.
    Last edited by ndv21; 01-22-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling

3. Default

A 10 count would probably work well do you have any suggestions? The are probably not much bigger thant a travel one. It does not need to be fancy and I realy dont care what it looks like all I care about is that it keeps my cigars in proper smokeing order

Blog Entries

Just google "10-count humidor". Check out something like this:

http://www.nickbadabingtobaccoking.c...l_humidors.htm

Blog Entries

I would go with an Otterbox style, regardless of size. They hold humidity well, and can take abuse like crazy.

For extended storage, you could keep a tube of heartfelt beads in it and never have to worry if your cigars are fresh.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Have you tried the Cigar Caddy style otterboxes? I picked up a 50 count when Cheap Humidors was getting rid of that model early last year and it's great for travelling, taking good sticks to parties/camping, etc..

I think the biggest you can find now are the 30 count, but the 18 should be more than enough for your needs.

-K

Blog Entries

You could just get some tubos to keep in your locker.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I would go with an Otterbox style, regardless of size. They hold humidity well, and can take abuse like crazy.

For extended storage, you could keep a tube of heartfelt beads in it and never have to worry if your cigars are fresh.
    That's what I would do.

Blog Entries

Thread Information