Thread: Book of Eli

Default Book of Eli

I don't go out to watch movies much but was glad I caught this one. I instantly fell in love with the dark, dead setting from the beginning of this movie. The action is nicely spread out with slow parts in between that helps build suspense. Not to mention a huge twist at the end. Overall one of the better post apocalyptic movies.

Walking out of the theatre I heard a lot of people mumbling it was a waste of time. Few of my friends did too cause they didn't initially catch the twist at the end. And yeah, it was a bit slow. But I would much rather watch Denzel walk in silence then 2 nobodies try to spit shitty ass dialogue all movie like in Legion (WARNING: DO NOT WATCH LEGION!).

Maybe not theatre worthy but I would definitely buy or rent when it comes out.

Yea I went to see this two the week before last. Really good movie, good story, and good acting. Wasn't sure how they were going to end it, they did a good job.

If you like this movie and play games, definitely check out Fallout 3. The movie is very reminiscent of the Fallout world.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

*Thread necromancy alert*

I watched this movie last night while smoking a 5 Vegas aAa (which was pretty decent)

I thought this movie was pretty terrible, pace and storywise. I agree the imagery was somewhat captivating, but it was just too slow, and the antagonist (and cronies) was totally stupid IMO. Mila Kunis' acting was pretty terrible.

On the topic of imagery, I would have like to see more of the director's or the writer's interpretation of this post apocolyptic world. Unfortunately, the scenes at the end of the city were short, and most was just plain desert.

Overall, the movie was lame.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information