Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Gregg, where do you keep your air-tight container coffee? We've been keeping ours in the freezer, but especially with the darker roasts, the beans then stick together. It's not like we need to - we go through almost 2 cans a week.
    I just keep it in the kitchen cabinet, coffee don't last long at my house.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I had to get a new roaster a few months ago.
    This new one is kind of tricky to get the roast just right.
    Only do a half lb at a time but set it to 1 lb or the roast turns out to light.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmari...rs/behmor.html

over all my wife loves this roaster after she learned how to set it.

This is the 3rd different roaster we have tried for home roasting.
    Between it and the Technivorm Moccamaster coffee pot i have now acheaved the perfect cup of coffee

I really could not tell much difference in the taste of coffee using different grinders so I'm back to using a cheap blade grinder.
    Holy crap!!! 600 bucks for coffee makin' equipment!!!

That had better be a DAMNED good cup of coffee for all them sheckels!!!

Personally - I like my coffee press. Boil that water up to the max and fill it with grounds! Most times takes even the cheapest beans and makes it a pretty doggone special cup of coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Gregg, where do you keep your air-tight container coffee? We've been keeping ours in the freezer, but especially with the darker roasts, the beans then stick together. It's not like we need to - we go through almost 2 cans a week.
    Never, never, NEVER freeze your beans!!! That's just like freezing cigars to store 'em!!!

Freezing dries 'em out! ...and keep them beans away from air and light. I keep my beans in a air tight ceramic jar.

Also - good rule of thumb. Don't ever keep coffee for any more than you'd keep a fresh loaf of bread around. The beans go stale too...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Never, never, NEVER freeze your beans!!! That's just like freezing cigars to store 'em!!!

Freezing dries 'em out! ...and keep them beans away from air and light. I keep my beans in a air tight ceramic jar.

Also - good rule of thumb. Don't ever keep coffee for any more than you'd keep a fresh loaf of bread around. The beans go stale too...
    What are you talking about? You have to AGE your beans, just like you do with your cigars.

George, where's ole Scotty when we need him? He was a supposed coffee expert, I even followed him over to a couple of coffee forums. He must still be gallivanting all over the internet looking for okienoodling sites.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-24-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

So I ran into an issue a while back. At one point I exclusively enjoyed a cigar with Alcohol. This had the negative side effect of increasing the frequency of my alcohol consumption. I decided it probably isn't the best road to go down. While traveling for business I substituted a cop of coffee for my beverage with my smoke and enjoyed it very much. I have never been a coffee drinker but am getting into it now. I don't drink it in the morning or at work (If I do have a hot beverage at work it is usually tea). I've learned a lot from this thread thanks guys.

Blog Entries

There's been a significant changes in our coffee consumption over the last few weeks. For one, coffee is no longer kept in the freezer, it's kept in the cupboard. Secondly, our blade grinder died this morning, which prompted us to immediately leave and purchase a burr grinder. I'm extraordinarily excited.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

[QUOTE=mrtr33;167265]There's been a significant changes in our coffee consumption over the last few weeks. For one, coffee is no longer kept in the freezer, it's kept in the cupboard. Secondly, our blade grinder died this morning, which prompted us to immediately leave and purchase a burr grinder. I'm [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]extraordinarily excited.[/[/COLOR]QUOTE]

Does not take much, Mark
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Look at the fucking mess I made
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I made my first ever Turkish coffee today. After viewing some YouTube videos on making it I tried to produce some. I had to grind my own beans and cardomon. I think I got the coffee fine enough to make it likened to authentic. But when I did make it I noticed bits of the spice that did not get fully ground. I did not have a Turkish pot so I used a stainless milk throffing pot instead. It seemed to work fine. I was very pleased with the results but I am curious about getting some preground coffee to try out. I think in time I will get an actual Turkish set to use instead of what I have now. I really liked my first experience and plan to make it an occasional habit. The wife tried some but did not care for it. It would have been nice to smoke a cigar with that but I have a cold so I am suspending smoking until it passes. Roger.
    Last edited by Roger; 01-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Just another day at the office!

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Do any of you Turkish coffee drinkers have a good brand to buy as far as Turkish grind is concerned? Thanks.
    Just another day at the office!

Really enjoyed a drip pot of Sisters Coffee Company 'Black Butte Gold'. A special thanks to my Secret Santa for this goodie. I will be trying it in a French Press later today.

Thread Information