Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Cigar Stores in Las Vegas

Default Good Cigar Stores in Las Vegas

I live in Canada and am going on a trip to Las Vegas either in April or June. While I'm there, I want to buy some Macanudo's and Rocky Patel's and I'd like to know a good place I can go to get them that will be (hopefully) close to the strip as we'll be flying in and staying at one of the bigger hotels on the strip. You lucky fellows in the US pay a whole lot less in tobacco taxes then we do here in Canada so it's to my advantage to stock up on some good cigars while I'm there so that's my plan

I'm not likely to rent a vehicle so if there is something close, wonderful. If not, I'll cab it or rent a car or find some way to get to it.

I'm looking for a reputable store that carries a good stock and won't give me the evil eye when I ask to buy the aforementioned brands by the box (I'll probably get two of each).

TIA
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

For the best prices on cigars try the Las Vegas Paiute Tribal Smoke Shop. Don't miss Casa Fuente either.

Blog Entries

Where are you staying?

4. Default

You need to go by Casa Fuente for a mojito and a cigar. It's expensive but it's really nice.

http://www.lvpaiutesmokeshop.com/

Go here. it is a must. best prices in Vegas and no taxes. Hell really they have the best prices I have seen anywhere.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    You need to go by Casa Fuente for a mojito and a cigar. It's expensive but it's really nice.
    I'll second that!!! A great place to enjoy a cigar - with some of the best cigars you'll find.

And - they have a special Mojito and Casa Fuente cigar combo that makes it a bit cheaper.

On the strip you'll find cigars, but you won't get the best deals and box prices will knock your socks off. Go off the strip of your looking to pick up boxes.

...btw - you will find rare/hard to find Fuente cigars at Casa Fuente - Opus X, Anejo, all of the Hemingway Maduro's - and the Casa Fuente cigar that is only sold at the shop. I'd suggest you bring back all you can - and trade back home for what you want. You'll be surprised at how well you'll trade them out in Canada. Casa Fuente is in the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace (on the strip)
    Last edited by ggiese; 02-27-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Thank you one and all for the information, I really appreciate it!

Thanks especially for the tip on Casa Fuente gent's, a Mojito and cigar combo sounds perfect.

I look forward to the visit!

Blog Entries

Been to Vegas before?

Don't accept a flyer. Not one. Or, bring a trash bag with you.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Try to see how many "business cards" you can collect. I got 71, no duplicates.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Try to see how many "business cards" you can collect. I got 71, no duplicates.
    Only 71? What, were you only there for half an hour?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

A few days, but I threw the duplicates back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Been to Vegas before?

Don't accept a flyer. Not one. Or, bring a trash bag with you.
    You oughta see the crowd of 'em across the street from Caesar's palace - I referred to them as "the gauntlet". I challenge to you make it past that part of the sidewalk without getting one. I even tried to walk out into traffic to avoid them - and they followed me!

Persistent little buggers they are...

So, the wife just called and told me we're staying at the Luxor.

I checked to see how far from there to the Casa Fuente cigar store and it turns out the Luxor is at 3900 Las Vegas blvd South and Casa Fuente at 3500 Las Vegas blvd South (according to google ) so I'm definitely going there!

I also checked and the downtown location of the Las Vegas Paiute Tribal Smoke Shop isn't too far away. Probably too far for walking but we may rent a car while we're there. Worst comes to worst, my stepson will be driving up from Camp Pendleton to visit for the weekend we're there, I'll make him drive me there........lol

Thanks again for the tips and info one and all, I truly appreciate your help!

I'll avoid handbills and flyers and see how many unduplicated business cards I end up with...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    So, the wife just called and told me we're staying at the Luxor.

I checked to see how far from there to the Casa Fuente cigar store and it turns out the Luxor is at 3900 Las Vegas blvd South and Casa Fuente at 3500 Las Vegas blvd South (according to google ) so I'm definitely going there!

I also checked and the downtown location of the Las Vegas Paiute Tribal Smoke Shop isn't too far away. Probably too far for walking but we may rent a car while we're there. Worst comes to worst, my stepson will be driving up from Camp Pendleton to visit for the weekend we're there, I'll make him drive me there........lol

Thanks again for the tips and info one and all, I truly appreciate your help!

I'll avoid handbills and flyers and see how many unduplicated business cards I end up with...

You may be better off walking. Driving's slow, and mostly for show there. Out-of-state automobiles almost never get pulled over there. Have fun.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

15. Default

Im new here but saw this thread and had to respond.

I lived in vegas for about a year and moved away from there about 6 months ago. I really suggest visiting Don Pablo Cigar Co. they are on the North End of the strip and have guys who are supposedly from Cuba handrolling them right there. I took tons of pics and picked up a box, Im all out now but boy were they good cigars. They have a huge selection of there own brands ranging from very mild and smoth to Heavily bodied spicy cigars. The atmosphere was great, most of the guys hand rolling the cigars had one they were smoking and the shop manager was very friendly and knowledgeable

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post

I lived in vegas for about a year and moved away from there about 6 months ago. I really suggest visiting Don Pablo Cigar Co. they are on the North End of the strip and have guys who are supposedly from Cuba handrolling them right there. I took tons of pics and picked up a box, Im all out now but boy were they good cigars. They have a huge selection of there own brands ranging from very mild and smoth to Heavily bodied spicy cigars. The atmosphere was great, most of the guys hand rolling the cigars had one they were smoking and the shop manager was very friendly and knowledgeable

Ahem.... who are you? Your next post should be an intro post. Please start a new thread of introduction. Thanks
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post

Welcome from Bitterville.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Made it back home late last night. Had a great time and just want to thank everyone for the tips. Picked up a bunch of cigars at the Paiute Tribal Smoke Shop. Felt like a kid in a candy store when I walked into their rather roomy walk-in humidor.....LOL Got lucky and a rep was there who gave me 4 free cigars to boot.

The prices were VERY good there and no taxes! Also got myself a nice XiKar cutter for $43 while I was in the store (all other places wanted $60 and up)

I did stop in at Casa Fuente in Caesar's Palace and bought some of theirs too.

I also discovered there are Cigar stores in almost every hotel and a Partagas Factory store on the strip too but the prices in those places are ridiculous in all of those stores. Probably has to do with how much rent they have to pay. Their prices are what I pay in Canada. The same cigars in the Tribal Smoke Shop ran $5 - 7 per.

I did pick up a nice little 3-cigar XiKar case (the Envoy 3) at the Partagas Factory store for only $50.00 I just checked on XiKar's site and that was their price too! I figured someone messed up and put the wrong price on it. I figured that at the time I was looking at it in the store too so I bought it quickly and got out of the store before the dude behind the counter could check and figure out he was wrong...........lol

Again, thanks for the heads-up on the Paiute Tribal Smoke Shop!

Please tell me you at least had a mojito (or 5) at Casa Fuente -- that is one of the finest smoking experiences in North America (IMHO). They @$$-rape you on the cigars, but manage to create a setting where you really don't seem to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Please tell me you at least had a mojito (or 5) at Casa Fuente -- that is one of the finest smoking experiences in North America (IMHO). They @$$-rape you on the cigars, but manage to create a setting where you really don't seem to mind...
    Sadly, I can't say I did.

I have a little problem with booze and had to give it up 21 yr's ago....

BUT!

My step-son really enjoyed both of his Mojito's (his and mine.......lol) since I hauled him there for the Mojito and cigar combo.

The setting was indeed nice and we enjoyed just sitting sipping (me with a coffee) and chatting.

Thread Information