Thread: Authentic Irish Mead

Default Authentic Irish Mead

I have in my possession one 750ml bottle of authentic Irish Mead.
    Hand made by 100% certified alcoholic lunatics in County Derry, Northern Ireland.
    The first post gets it.
    In the Vat for 2 years – In the bottle for 7 years.
    Alcohol by volume? Who the fuck knows.

Disclaimer.
    I will not be held liable for any OUI, Assault & Battery or Domestic Violence charges
    Occurring as a result of drinking this alcoholic beverage.
    Nor will I be held responsible for any abdominal cramping, blindness, vomiting,
    Tremors or anal seepage.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

2. Default

You had me until "anal seepage"...
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuffsAlot View Post
    You had me until "anal seepage"...
    yea or Nay ?
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

4. Default

Well, I guess a little anal seepage never killed anyone I'll give it a shot, PM sent.
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

5. Default

Package received, thanks again Paddy

Blog Entries

The question is when are you drinking it?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

7. Default

Planning to crack it open this weekend.

8. Default

Can't believe Sir Puffs beat me to this. How about a little review. I have no experience with mead.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Can't believe Sir Puffs beat me to this. How about a little review. I have no experience with mead.
    Sarge,
    I marked you down for a bottle when I get a new shippment.
    ~ Gerry Adams

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Sarge,
    I marked you down for a bottle when I get a new shippment.
    I will gladly send cigars in return....

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    I'll gladly post my thoughts, but I too am a mead virgin! Which brings me to a question... I've done some searching on the net but can't find a consistent answer, should the mead be chilled? Is that just a matter of personal preference?

Mead can be made a couple different ways. The only one I've had is made like wine. You can also brew and ferment it more like an ale. Even better, you can mix it with the malt and have a honey ale.

One of these days, I'll start brewing again.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuffsAlot View Post
    I'll gladly post my thoughts, but I too am a mead virgin! Which brings me to a question... I've done some searching on the net but can't find a consistent answer, should the mead be chilled? Is that just a matter of personal preference?
    The rule of thumb is mead should be chilled like wine. The drier it is, the closer it should be to room temp.
    Sparkling meads can be chilled down to low to mid 40°F’s where still meads can be served at low to mid 50°F’s.
    But then I've had judges request in many different ways so it really depends on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Even better, you can mix it with the malt and have a honey ale.
    Otherwise known as a Braggot. Very tasty on cheese cake and french toast.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Knowing the lads that made it. I'm sure the alcohol content is very high, thus a dry mead. These boys are known for thier wiskey "poteen" making skills. It was made by two relatives in thier 60's who have been making homemade wiskey, beer & mead for 40yrs.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information