Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Label - Pride Cigars

Default New Label - Pride Cigars

Hey guys,

I just tried a new label and wanted to see if your opinion is the same as mine. I went over to Tampa Humidor here in Tampa, FL to relax and unwind and did the unsual. I walked in and talked with Mike the owner. I asked him if he had any suggestions for a new blend to try, he sent me to try out the new Pride. I was hesitant to try but what the heck I listened to give it a try. I picked up a couple of Pride Cigars and boy did I enjoy them. The first one I tried was the Pride "Robusto" (5x50). First of all the aroma was pleasant and it was quick to get a good ash started. I continued to burn through this cigar, which actually had a smooth draw without any problems. It actually had a hit of cocoa throughout the smoke. Towards the top part of the label it had a cedary taste...pleasant because normally the smokes that I get, is bitter towards the bottom. The cigar finished perfect for me. What threw me for a loop was the price was $5.50. I was amazed!! How can a cigar this good cost so cheap. Mike showed me an article in Cigar Snob for Jan/Feb that had the same cigar the Pride Robusto rated a 90. I believe I found a new favorite smoke...just to take home I had a Pride Lancero which was recommended to me. Let me know if you guys have ever tried this smoke, if not give it a try...cause I did and was pleased.

message from a consumer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69449957-42d0ca4926.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	1570  
    Last edited by PRIDECIGARS; 04-02-2010 at 07:43 AM.

2. Default

How about an intro...How are you affiliated with Pride Cigars. Seems like I saw this same post elsewhere.

3. Default

What an insightful review, thank you PRIDECIGARS for sharing this tantalizing tale of good fortune.
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Blog Entries

They never sent any to the review whore
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    They never sent any to the review whore
    Wait until after Lent. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDECIGARS
    Hey there I'm Steve Tabak, Marketing Director and Regional Sales Manager in FL for Pride Cigars. I want to thank you first for allowing me to be here in Cigarsmoker's discussion board. I want to tell about our new blend which has everyone here in Florida raving. Our tobacco which is grown in our factory in Santiago, DR is 100% cuban seed tobacco. What makes our tobacco special is the triple fermantation process, in bigger manufacturers they only do 1 or 2. We were at the trade show in August 2009 releasing our label and received a nice response from the lounges. Now its your turn to give us your feedback. Please visit our site(pridecigars.com) to see how we got started and to see the blends in which we carry. If you are out of the state of FL, I am more than happy to direct your lounge in the direction of that sales rep to get Pride Cigars in your shop. You may contact me at our website for questions. Thank you for your time in reading and look forward to being in your lounge one day.

Sincerely,
    Steve Tabak
    Pride Cigars
    You could have at least started another account.....signed it with a different name.....or something. I dunno about the rest of the guys here, but I hesitate to try cigars made by dishonest people.

Blog Entries

Hiya, Steve. Thanks for another quality contribution to the board. For the kids watching at home, the last time Steve posted was in this thread. Wait, that makes the ONLY other time Steve's ever posted on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDECIGARS View Post
    I just tried a new label and wanted to see if your opinion is the same as mine. I went over to Tampa Humidor here in Tampa, FL to relax and unwind and did the unsual. I walked in and talked with Mike the owner. I asked him if he had any suggestions for a new blend to try, he sent me to try out the new Pride. I was hesitant to try but what the heck I listened to give it a try.
    I'm going to cut you off right there, Steve. You mean to tell me, you're the "Marketing Director and Regional Sales Manager in FL for Pride Cigars", and you wanted to know if a B&M owner had a suggestion for YOU? Then, you're hesitant to try it? And all of this is unusual to you? I don't know that I've ever met a cigar sales rep who hasn't tried their own cigars, or is hesitant and considers it unusual to try a brand he himself promotes.

I picked up a couple of Pride Cigars and boy did I enjoy them. The first one I tried was the Pride "Robusot" (5x50). First of all the aroma was pleasant and it was quick to get a good ash started. I continued to burn through this cigar, which actually had a smooth draw without any problems. It actually had a hit of cocoa throughout the smoke. Towards the top part of the label it had a cedary taste...pleasant because normally the smokes that I get, is bitter towards the bottom. The cigar finished perfect for me. What threw me for a loop was the price was $5.50. I was amazed!!
    First of all, your website (or at least the website for Pride Cigars) doesn't feature any cigars called Robusot. Are you sure you don't mean Robusto? Honestly? That's just being lazy. I mean, it's one thing to have a generic review/ad hocking your own stuff. It's quite a different deal to not even check the brand name of your product.
    Also, you're "amazed" at the $5.50 price tag? I don't know what you're used to smoking, but that's a reasonably higher-priced cigar for my dollar. I'm not knocking your product, but $5.50 isn't exactly what I'd refer to as "cheap". Maybe I'm wrong.

How can a cigar this good cost so cheap. Mike showed me an article in Cigar Snob for Jan/Feb that had the same cigar the Pride Robusto rated a 90. I believe I found a new favorite smoke...just to take home I had a Pride Lancero which was recommended to me. Let me know if you guys have ever tried this smoke, if not give it a try...cause I did and was pleased.
    As for the ratings, that means very little. Everyone has a rating system. I don't know anything about Cigar Snob. I know plenty about the established reviewers on this board, and I tend to trust their instincts. Maybe if badwhale had a few smokes to review.......

Overall, this was a weak effort. You tried to come to "our level" after already establishing yourself with the brand. If you want to advertise your smokes, do it in the right section. Just don't fly in here every so often, make some weak pitch, then leave again. I understand there's lots of competition out there, especially for the smaller cigar company. But this was a fail.

So, if I don't live in any of the states where your cigar is sold, do I just lose out?
    Last edited by mrtr33; 03-17-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Nice work there Steve - ever heard of ethics? Does your character matter at all to you? How about pride? Sheesh...

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Boy, There crawling out the fucking woodwork today !
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I've actually smoked a Pride here in Jax. Wasn't one of my favorites, but it wasn't a dog rocket. But I wasn't "amazed" at it, certainly not for the price. I could have gotten a lot of other cigars that I know I enjoy.

11. Default

Pride cigars sounds like something fudgepacking homos would smoke
    The older I get ,the better I was

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    pride cigars sounds like something fudgepacking homos would smoke
    rotflmao

Ya, they need to redo the band to add some rainbow colors.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Ya, they need to redo the band to add some rainbow colors.
    Methinks the dude in your sig tag would go for it

Blog Entries

Well. at least they're not called Edirp's ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    well. At least they're not called edirp's ...
    lmfao
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Now That's funny !!
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    Methinks the dude in your sig tag would go for it
    Now, you know I could have removed the tag a couple of weeks ago, but I like the comments I get on it

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
    Now, you know I could have removed the tag a couple of weeks ago, but I like the comments I get on it
    Uh huh, sure, that's the reason.

Blog Entries

Fuggen a$$hat.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information