Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xikar Xi2 busted

Default Xikar Xi2 busted

Pulled the Xi2 out to cut the cap off a stick for the drive home from work Tuesday. Turns out that the spring mechanism had failed. I used the punch I keep in my Jeep, so at least I was able to get my smoke in. Of course I like to think I can fix things so, like an idiot, I took apart. It appears that one of the springs that open the blades actually snapped. I was hoping it was something just dislodged. Not sure how this happened, but I'm curious if Xikar may still repair it despite me having taken it apart. I understand if I voided my warranty, I have a habit of doing that. Anyone have experience with a situation like this with Xikar? Should I risk wasting the postage to send it in, or should I just pick up a new one?

Thanks for the advise guys

Blog Entries

Someone did a tutorial on how to put a Xikar back together on here.

Just send it back to them, they'll replace it. Even if they don't, it's broken anyway.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Put it in a padded envelope with a note containing a return address, and you'll get a new one within about 2 weeks.

Lifetime guarantee!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

It's not so much that I'm concern about it being fixed, I just don't want to waste time and money shipping it if Xikar definitely will not fix it. It's easy to tell that it has been taken apart, and I don't want to try to sneak it by them or anything like that. Some companies seem to be more lenient to me taking things apart than others, just wondering which way Xikar leans. Started looking at replacements and saw this at cigarbid.... Anyone know if they're as good as the Xikar?

Blog Entries

Why don't you just give the people at Xikar a call and ask them if they will will fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Why don't you just give the people at Xikar a call and ask them if they will will fix it?
    Typically my work hours match other business work hours leaving me with having to do phone calls on my 30 min lunch. I did send them an email, nothing back yet. If I don't get anything by my lunch I'll be calling them. Was just hoping to hear someone else's experience, if it was one way or the other then I wouldn't have to spend my lunch on the phone.

Blog Entries

Mail it off, you can say it fell and exploded on the floor, whatever.

I'm tellin ya, they'll send you a brand new one! They have great customer service.

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

8. Default

I know an Xikar rep...I'll give him a call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dauker View Post
    Typically my work hours match other business work hours leaving me with having to do phone calls on my 30 min lunch. I did send them an email, nothing back yet. If I don't get anything by my lunch I'll be calling them. Was just hoping to hear someone else's experience, if it was one way or the other then I wouldn't have to spend my lunch on the phone.
    You're on here.

You've been given plenty of advice...or, rather, personal experiences with this specific company and their warranty procedures. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    You're on here.

You've been given plenty of advice...or, rather, personal experiences with this specific company and their warranty procedures. Damn.
    Yes I am on here. And no one has given me a personal experience related to this.

BTW; my lunch call didn't happen. Decided to grab food instead. Still no response from the email.

Blog Entries

Yes I am on here. And no one has given me a personal experience related to this.

BTW; my lunch call didn't happen. Decided to grab food instead. Still no response from the email.
    BWA said twice to mail it to them, and they'll replace it.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Mail it back to them!

I've done it twice, once, my Xi3 Beechwood had the wood sides come off, the other one was a Spectra Xi3 that needed sharpening.

Both times they sent me a brand new cutter.

Is that enough personal experience for ya?

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    BWA said twice to mail it to them, and they'll replace it.
    But he didn't mention if the one's he has sent back, or has heard of being sent back, were taken apart first by an unauthorized rep which is main point of the original post.

WTF

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Mail it back to them!

I've done it twice, once, my Xi3 Beechwood had the wood sides come off, the other one was a Spectra Xi3 that needed sharpening.

Both times they sent me a brand new cutter.

Is that enough personal experience for ya?
    I appreciate you continuing to tell me that, but did you take either of them apart first? The main screw that holds the thing together is pretty soft so it has scratches and the cutter has obviously been opened. I'm sure I will probably be getting a replacement from them, was just wondering if anyone else had opened theirs up and then had it replaced. Would rather not waste the time and money to ship it if they're just going to void the warranty because I opened it up.

Blog Entries

Then you should have taken the time to call the goddamn company if what BWA and others have told you isn't enough. Do you think you might have gotten that suggestions based on BWA's personal experience with Xikar and their warranty/replacement practices? Or do you think he just pulled it out of his ass to give as advice?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Then you should have taken the time to call the goddamn company if what BWA and others have told you isn't enough. Do you think you might have gotten that suggestions based on BWA's personal experience with Xikar and their warranty/replacement practices? Or do you think he just pulled it out of his ass to give as advice?
    No shit, take the advice that is given and shove it up your ass...do your own dirty work and call the fucking comapny yourself......JEEEEEZZZZ.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Blog Entries

Or hey, here's a novel idea.....Put the damn thing back together, then mail it in. Or did you lose that screw too?

Blog Entries

But guys, that's not fair. You aren't catering to HIS specific need.

I understand that he can unconditionally send it back, no questions asked, no matter what, but what if he hadn't ever cleaned it? What if he didn't keep it stored in the box? What if he cut the cigars in the dark? What if he already owns another cutter?

Maybe someone will spell it out more for him, or maybe he'll get a fucking helmet and take the advice he's been given.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

worry worry worry... ohhhhh woes ME!
    Just another day at the office!

Thread Information