Thread: Any Thoughts on Belmondo Vintage Reservas?

Amanda Guest

Default Any Thoughts on Belmondo Vintage Reservas?

Talked to a guy friend of mine today who also enjoys cigars. He gave me a couple Belmondo Vintage Reservas he had on hand. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to smoke them, but am eager to hear the thoughts of anyone who may have already smoked them. If I like them, I may consider switching. But they also have to be affordable enough to where I can smoke them as often as I currently smoke my Berings without busting my budget. I'll be eagerly awaiting responses.

I have not heard of these, so I did a little bit of Internet searching...

Some guy named "Scot" writes (this couldn't be our Scott, because I know he likes these cigars, even though he's never smoked them...):

I got one of these with my first Thompson sampler. The cigar looked great and even smelled good before lighting. Unfortunately that’s where the positive stops. The taste was rather complex with hints of the Wall Street Journal, an old milk carton, and a worn out Firestone radial. I highly recommend this cigar for your neighbor whose dog keeps using your lawn as the crapper.
    Thompson cigars writes:

Belmondo, Thompson’s special baby, was an early entrant into the cigar boom sweepstakes. Originally marketed at $90-$110 per box, it was made with top-of-the-line tobaccos always in short supply. Our typical insistence on using only quality tobaccos proved Belmondo’s undoing. When our supply became unreliable, rather than resort to inferior grades, we simply took one of our favorite cigars off the market. Now, however, the time is right for Belmondo’s return! And in its Vintage Reserva edition it’s better than ever.
    They're supposed to be medium strength. Certainly a step up from your Bering's. Let us know what you think of them!!!

Blog Entries

LMAO!! That "Scot" guy sounds pretty astute when it comes to cigars!! I'm NOT a fan of Thompson offerings so I'll go with his recommendation.

There are LOTS of affordable cigars out there Amanda from places like JRCigars, CigarsInternational, Famous-Smoke, SeriousCigars, etc.

This place is in DIRE NEED of a "New Guy (or gal) Sampler Trade" thread.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I do believe I've heard of these, but I know certainly that I haven't smoked one. Having said that, just fire it up and smoke it!

No need to be a slave to any brand btw. If you like these, and you still like your Berings, no reason you can't smoke 'em both. My humi contains a wide spectrum of brands, and I enjoy the different smoke I get with each brand.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Amanda Guest

As I write this, I'm about halfway through my Belmondo and I'm enjoying it! I can't say yet whether I like it better than my Berings. It's definitely different and noticeably stronger. I'll probably track down my friend Matt and see where I can pick up a box of these, depending on how expensive they are, of course. And I definitely plan to experiment with brands now that I have some true cigar aficianodoes advising me.

When I'm done with this, I'll be heading outside to take in some rays and will smoke another of my Berings to see how it compares. Nothing more relaxing than sunbathing with a nice cigar.

6. Default

Years ago... Maybe they are tolerable nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    As I write this, I'm about halfway through my Belmondo and I'm enjoying it! I can't say yet whether I like it better than my Berings. It's definitely different and noticeably stronger. I'll probably track down my friend Matt and see where I can pick up a box of these, depending on how expensive they are, of course. And I definitely plan to experiment with brands now that I have some true cigar aficianodoes advising me.

When I'm done with this, I'll be heading outside to take in some rays and will smoke another of my Berings to see how it compares. Nothing more relaxing than sunbathing with a nice cigar.
    That's my kinda girl there.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Nothing more relaxing than sunbathing with a nice cigar.

soo..... have you seen this thread?

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t825-the...ng-thread.html
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

SFG75 Guest

Glad to hear that it isn't too bad. You might want to write down a rating on the back of the label or jot down some notes when your done. I like the Thompson phoenix naturals and the Iguana maduros, but have never tried anything else that they have. A few housebrands are good, especially the J.R. variety.

Some things to keep in mind

1.)Smoke it before you ask about it, 9 times out of 10, others haven't.
    2.)Sometimes the "better" ones are the crappiest-and the most highly recommended simply because of their price.
    3.)There are diamonds in the rough

Amanda Guest

I smoked the second of my Belmondos last night after work and decided I liked them. I'm off with my friend Matt to buy a box later today. I'm definitely looking forward to "test driving" some of the other cigars recommended by members of this board in the weeks to come as well. By the way, has anyone here ever smoked Grenadier Churchills? They had those a while back at the gas station where I buy my Berings and I tried a few out. I liked the size, but otherwise didn't care for them so much.

JStrider, I will get a picture of me posted at the first opportunity. Right now, I don't have a digital camera. I just bought this computer a couple of months ago so I'm afraid I'll have to wait awhile before splurging on another electronics purchase. I'll be sure to post a pic when I do get one taken however...provided I can figure out how to post it. Even though I'm not a blonde, I could just as well be when it comes to technology..lol. Thanks for the link though. It was nice to see all you handsome fellas enjoying your cigars.

Blog Entries

I smoked the second of my Belmondos last night after work and decided I liked them. I'm off with my friend Matt to buy a box later today. I'm definitely looking forward to "test driving" some of the other cigars recommended by members of this board in the weeks to come as well. By the way, has anyone here ever smoked Grenadier Churchills? They had those a while back at the gas station where I buy my Berings and I tried a few out. I liked the size, but otherwise didn't care for them so much.

JStrider, I will get a picture of me posted at the first opportunity. Right now, I don't have a digital camera. I just bought this computer a couple of months ago so I'm afraid I'll have to wait awhile before splurging on another electronics purchase. I'll be sure to post a pic when I do get one taken however...provided I can figure out how to post it. Even though I'm not a blonde, I could just as well be when it comes to technology..lol. Thanks for the link though. It was nice to see all you handsome fellas enjoying your cigars.
    Jstrider, I think you should buy Amanda a digital camera
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    you guys know you can find pictures of women all over the internet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

I second that motion
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

It was nice to see all you handsome fellas enjoying your cigars.

My God the poor girl is BLIND!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    My God the poor girl is BLIND!

Thread Information