Thread: How can i maintain right home Humidity?

1. Default How can i maintain right home Humidity?

Your home humidity is a measurement of the amount of vaporized water in the air. Humidity levels are naturally higher in warmer climates and lower in cooler climates. The type of home you live in can also affect your humidity measurement. Older and less energy efficient homes are prone to have lower indoor humidity levels, while more modern homes with higher energy efficiency tend to have higher humidity levels. well if anyone can better tell me about this please feel free to post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stphen View Post
    Your home humidity is a measurement of the amount of vaporized water in the air. Humidity levels are naturally higher in warmer climates and lower in cooler climates. The type of home you live in can also affect your humidity measurement. Older and less energy efficient homes are prone to have lower indoor humidity levels, while more modern homes with higher energy efficiency tend to have higher humidity levels. well if anyone can better tell me about this please feel free to post.
    I keep a llama in the spare bedroom. When his coat gets all frizzy and uncontrollable I turn the de-humidifier on. If, on the other hand, he starts getting split-ends and his coat gets all brittle and shit, I turn the humidifier on. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by stphen View Post
    WTF, are you trying to make your wholy house a humidor? Relative Humidity is not a measurement of moisture. It is measurement of the saturation point (moisture content in relation to sensible Temperature. Moisture is measured in grains per pound of air ( Absolute Humidity) You can have 140 grains of moisture per pound of air at 70 % rh. Change the sensible Temperature and the rh might changeto 50 % and you could still have 140 grains of moisture per pound of air. Your statment that warmer climates have higher levels of relative Humidity is not true. Just go to Arizona wher you can find 115 degrees at 15% rh.
    If you want to keep your house a 70% rh move to Florida.
    Last edited by Rusty; 05-31-2010 at 07:26 PM.

I would put a giant 4'X6' sponge in your living room. Make sure you use distilled water.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRichLife View Post
    I would put a giant 4'X6' sponge in your living room. Make sure you use distilled water.
    Or 200 lb's of beads.

or you could just recognize a troll when you see one and avoid bumping an old thread...but I do like the giant sponge idea.

Thread Information