Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston Astros!!!

Blog Entries

Default Houston Astros!!!

After a pretty bad start, my Houston Astros have won seven of their last eight games and 13 of the last 16 and just moved past the Cubbies for 2nd place in the NL Central

I've been a Houston Astros fan since junior high school (for me that was a LONG time ago, 1973 ) and these are good times!!!

We're gettin' right back in this race.

How 'bout it you Texas guys?

GO ASTROS !!!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-06-2005 at 11:44 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Do they still have Bagwell? Or Biggio? Havn't really kept track of baseball much lately

Hell yeah! Astros are KATN!
    .683 in last 32 games and headed for and 4 more home games before the All Star break.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

I haven't been a fan of baseball in a very long time, but I am always happy to see the Astros kickin' some a$$......

Morgan Ensberg hits game-winning double in series starter against the Dodgers. He's been steadily improving every season. Not bad for a California boy.

Yep, I head down to my local smoke shop and join the other sports fans whenever the Astros are on TV and we have been reveling in the fun! GO ASTROS!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    Do they still have Bagwell? Or Biggio? Havn't really kept track of baseball much lately
    Yes they do!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Bill, how does a guy from Connecticut get to be such a big Astros fan?

And go Braves!

Iced T Guest

Sox. Red Sox.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eshaw99
    Bill, how does a guy from Connecticut get to be such a big Astros fan?

And go Braves!
    It happened a LOOOOOOONG time ago. In 1974, my best friend in 8th grade took a trip to Houston to visit relatives. When he was there, he went to the Astrodome to see a game. He came back talking all about it and since he was my best friend, he and I started following the Astros. He went to a different school the next year but ever since then, I've followed them and they are my favorite team.

I live in Red Sox country (Northeastern Connecticut, 90 miles from Boston) so last year was quite a time around here. My ex-wife's father was a huge Red Sox fan. He was born in 1924 and passed away in 1996 at the age of 71. He never saw them win a World Series.

I tell ya though, if the Astros had defeated the Cardinals, I dunno what I would have done if it was a Red Sox/Astros World Series.

Sorry Eric, I pretty much hate the Braves

AND the freakin Cardinals are REALLY starting to get on my nerves
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-18-2005 at 03:44 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    It happened a LOOOOOOONG time ago. In 1974, my best friend in 8th grade took a trip to Houston to visit relatives. When he was there, he went to the Astrodome to see a game. He came back talking all about it and since he was my best friend, he and I started following the Astros. He went to a different school the next year but ever since then, I've followed them and they are my favorite team.

I live in Red Sox country (Northeastern Connecticut, 90 miles from Boston) so last year was quite a time around here. My ex-wife's father was a huge Red Sox fan. He was born in 1924 and passed away in 1996 at the age of 71. He never saw them win a World Series.

I tell ya though, if the Astros had defeated the Cardinals, I dunno what I would have done if it was a Red Sox/Astros World Series.

Sorry Eric, I pretty much hate the Braves

AND the freakin Cardinals are REALLY starting to get on my nerves

DITTO THAT! Cardinals!!!

12. Default

You morons may as well get used to the Cards kicking your ass. Learn to love it.

The Cards have a long history of kicking wanna bees asses. My St. Louis Cardnials will win the World Series this year.

13. Default

One more thing my sig tag should be the motto for the Astros.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    You morons may as well get used to the Cards kicking your ass. Learn to love it.

The Cards have a long history of kicking wanna bees asses. My St. Louis Cardnials will win the World Series this year.
    Hmmm, they got to the World Series last year. How many games did they win?

The Cardinals are NO MATCH for George's White Sox this year!!!

You just keep talking your "smack" there Ken and I'll just, uh, well, uh YOU'LL SEE!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Go Astros!!! The guys and I down at my smoke shop got a kick out of seeing them kick ass before the break and now we're rooting that they will sustain it!!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

The Cardinals are NO MATCH for George's White Sox this year!!!

O yea..The only thing the White Sox have going for em is that the Cubs play in the same city.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I hate to break it to you guys, but it's gonna be all about some Braves action in the World Series this year. Wait, who am I kidding, they choke in the post season. Scratch my Braves off the list, haha.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    One more thing my sig tag should be the motto for the Astros.
    Keep it up ya bastid!

How's that Memphis team doing over in Autozone's park?

'stros swept up the Pirates today in an 8-0 shutout to finish off the series.

Nice rebound off of the disappointing series against St. Louis.

i didn't even see this thread. i don't watch much sports, but i watch the astos on the net time to time. and hell yeah, i've been proud of the 'stros. it'd be sweet if they made it as far as last year.

Thread Information