Thread: "Chesstang"

Default "Chesstang"

Well, I've had a '94 Mustang for awhile now, done some major Stereo and engine work(stroked, huge supercharger etc). It's been about 10 years and counting... Recently a friend of my started trying his hand at Airbrushing and so we've been coordinating a job for my Mustang. It was a Silver Mustang. But he is in the middle of turning it into a Mural. The theme we decided on was "Chess"... Sounds cheesy, or weird, but it's intense. There are so many options that we can do with it..... Anyways, I created this thread as a follow-along... So you can see the work as it progresses... What you're looking at right now is the "White Rook" or Castle. It's painted onto my Passenger rear taillight and bumper. On the oppisite side will be the "Black Rook" or castle... And along the side(yet to come) is gonna be a big battle, white vs Black..... On the hood will be a huge mural of the good and bad Knights fighting. Anyways, follow along over the coming weeks, and hopefully, enjoy....

Roham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustang3..jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustang1..jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	1638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustang2..jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	1639  
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

That is the frickin most awesome thing I have ever seen. Great work right there!

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I have done some airbrushing. It is amazing what a person can do with it. Nice work! Roger
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Wow, that is impressive. Wow.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

That's some sweet work but I'd be too scared to drive it! It's bad enough coming back to your car with a ding in the finish...

Speaking of which, as I'm driving home from the yoga studio 2 blocks from my house a 70yo woman runs a stop sign, I almost t bone her, but manage to brake and swerve enough to just rip her rear bumper off, lol. I got a bush bumper on my Toyota Pickup so no problems there, and everyone's ok. On my way to fill out the police report this afternoon for sundays accident, I get sideswiped!!! lol The guy tried to come into my lane without looking and pretty much hit me flat on my side with his 2007 Toyota Camry. heh, he did damage... But everyones ok, and I filled out two accident reports in one go! Time management people! lol
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

That's an interesting and unique theme, but the end design sounds like it will look pretty cool. The battle scene sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing that done.
    Yay! Cigars!

Here is a couple shoots of the other castle on the other side of the car... It represents the Dark Rook.

It's not quit finished yet either, but he's on vacation for a month so he posted these in the meantime.

Thread Information