Thread: The Lovely Bones

Default The Lovely Bones

It was a huge piece of crap. Really that's all I need to say.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

I feel your pain.
    I only tend to like movies with either
    Loads of graphic violence or titties.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

It's not the worst movie I have ever seen, but I think movies of this story line have an expectations that this is going to be about the police investigation and the cat and mouse game between the police and the predator. That expectation is simply put to rest very early on for that is not what this movie is about. I suppose here lies the problem what is this movie trying to show us? It is trying to show us how far we have come from the 70's to now in our knowledge and safety planning in theses types of crimes? Is it trying to show us the the impact that theses types of crimes has on a family? Is it trying to show us the veil between heaven and earth and what control the dead may have with the living? Or is it trying to touch base on all of this in a half attempted way and never really making a clear point so the movie feels like a whole lot of crap? I guess if you could take one thing from this movie it would be if an old guy wants to show you his secret fort that lays underneath a corn field.....run very very fast!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    I guess if you could take one thing from this movie it would be if an old guy wants to show you his secret fort that lays underneath a corn field.....run very very fast!
    Unless he has candy and puppies though. Why wouldn't you want that?

Alex, I'll take titties for $600
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information