Thread: Cigar Smokers Mobile Browser Support

Blog Entries

Default Cigar Smokers Mobile Browser Support

We have a basic mobile template available for mobile phone users. A request was made to add http://www.tapatalk.com/ support as well.

Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum.

I don't have an iphone, black berry, android or nokia, so I can't test this. Please let me know if it works fine.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I tried out the read-only version. It's not bad. A little buggy. It crashed a few times. I could see myself using it if I just wanted to check on a post real quick but given the limitations of the free, read-only version I'll probably just continue to use a browser to read CS. There is something about tapatalk that takes away the "authenticity" of the board, plus I don't get to see everyones awesome sig tags.

Blog Entries

99% of the time I use an Android phone to access the forum. The tapatalk version that is free to forum owners requires posters to buy the client. (The free client is read-only.) The version that costs forum owners money has a free client that allows posting.

I'd rather a low-fi skin - a skin that isn't as plain as the current mobile skin but doen't consume megs per page like the regular skin does.

Somewhat ironically, textmode flashchat would be really nice.

Thread Information