Thread: Magellan Dominican

Default Magellan Dominican

I got one in a "yard 'gar sampler". A petite corona. I figured it to be a throw-away for sure.The stick wasn't pretty. Rough, and a little veiny. The pre-light aroma caught me off guard though. It had that pungent sweet "grassy" smell that I find on few cigars, and that always seems to indicate a good smoke. It was mild, burned fairly well, and produced big clouds of sweet and cedary tobacco smoke. There was no complexity, so a master roller didn't make this. It had the same flavor from foot to cap. But it appears to be made of quality Dominican tobaccos, aged and fermented properly, and blended well. I smoked it to the nub. All in all, a surprising cigar. I may invest in a bundle to test out the consistency. I may have simply found one gem in a sea of crap.

If consistent, at 50 cigars for 32 bucks, I may have found a new favorite cigar for doing yard work or handing out.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I pickup the Magellan Dominican's on C-bid for around $7 to $11 a bundle
    Nice little smokes with some decent taste.
    As for consistency i haven't had a bad one in 3 bundles
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Cbid has the corona size up for auction -- winning bid is $13 for a bundle of 25 -- just an FYI...

Thread Information