Thread: It Got a Little Windy Last Night

Default It Got a Little Windy Last Night

We had about 20 homes in our town damaged by a storm last night (gotta love springtime in Kansas). A friend of mine just had a new fence put around his back yard. Most of his fence is scattered around a field about 100 yards from his house, but check out where some of the fence is now:

The National Weather Service says there was no tornado activity in our area. That must have been one hell of a microburst!

Wow. That's crazy man. I hope everyone is fine.

No serious injuries, just a few folks with cuts and bruises...lots of rattled nerves. Since there weren't any tornadoes in the area, the warning sirens never went off. He woke to the sound of his privacy fence being impaled into the side of his house (along with part of his roof coming off and several windows blowing out).

Most of the damaged homes are repairable (need new siding, roofs, etc). There are a couple that appear to have structural damage and will need to come down.

That really is some serious wind.
    It's good to know that no one was seriously injured, though after seeing that picture I can definitely understand the rattled nerves.

Thread Information