Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Newbie Sampler Thread V

Blog Entries

Default THE Newbie Sampler Thread V

As stated here:
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/threads/...416#post151416
    I'll watch this thread, and if you want to step up as a sponsor let me know, but, I would like to change the way we record the trades. This way if something happens to me, the thread won't get confused and no-one will have to restart it.***ETA: But, hey, WTF, I'll just keep updating it as we go. If/when I die, you guys can start another fuckin thread that some other schmuck can edit. ****

Sponsors:
    Once you are contacted for a trade, please copy/paste the sponsors list and update it to include your new trade. Rotate the sponsors from top to bottom as trades are completed. I don't care what terms you use, if you want to continue the baseball theme fine, if not, that's fine too.

You don't have to keep copying the completed trades from post to post, however, the successful completion, or whatever the circumstance ends up being, does need to be recorded on the thread for each trade.

Newblets:
    The rules remain unchanged and are listed below. Read them. You'll find the list of sponsors and the trade order near the end of the thread.

This is a fantastic way to get a great selection of cigars, as well as gain some trading rep around here.

HERE ARE THE RULES

Newbie Sampler Thread FAQ

1. What is the Newbie Sampler Thread?

A: A place where a Newbie (or anybody actually) can trade for a variety of Cigars. This thread was started with the idea of getting a newbie to trade with an "experienced" guy who wanted to get some cigars. The Newbie would buy the old guy what he wanted (or send cash) and the "experienced" guy would send the newbie a nice package of assorted singles to get the newbie started on some new favorites. Minimum trade value is $50 but most FOGS can handle trades of $100 or more.

2. Why would I want to trade with these people?

A: You are looking to sample a large variety of smokes. You can either go and overpay for a bunch of singles or you could get involved with a trade, receiving top quality sticks from a personally cared for selection of cigars that are ready for you to smoke. It's your choice.

3. How do I know I will actually get my cigars?

A: The people trading here have been doing so for quite some time, and are not going to screw around with a good thing for all parties (and not going to let anyone else screw it up for them), in order to screw you out of a few dollars.

4. How do I know I am not getting ripped off with a bunch of dog rockets?

A: Again, read the BB and you will get a feeling for those who trade here. May one or two of the cigars you receive be a dog rocket to you? Yes it is possible since taste is subjective, but how long do you think someone is going to be able to continue to trade if they are not giving fair (and to be perfectly honest you usually get MORE than fair value) in their trades. Why would anyone want to trade with them?

5. I haven't been around here long, but I have been smoking for _____ and I don't think I really should be qualified as a newbie.

A: You are. Get over it.

6. So how do I go about doing this? Who do I trade with?

The current trader (usually has "(Now Up!)" by their name), is the person that you would contact. You initiate a trade by sending a PM or E-Mail to that trader simply stating that you are interested in a Newbie Sampler Trade and any additional pertinent information including budget constraints. (i.e. "looking to do a Newbie trade in the ballpark of $60 - $80 dollars").

If for some reason that trader is unable to accomodate you (i.e. budget amounts don't work out or trader can not accomodate type of sampler desired), you move on to the next person on the list until someone can meet your needs.

7. Where can I get more information?

A: Yup, you’re a newbie. If you have a question, feel free to ask away. Most people will give you very good information.

8. How should I post regarding the receipt of my sampler?

A. A simple post to the newbie sampler thread that you have received your end and all is well is all that you NEED to do. This post lets everyone on the board know that the trade went smoothly. A statement along the lines of "Wow, what a selection, <member name> knocked my socks off" or something is cool too. Please don't post photo's of your sampler.

ATTENTION: Current roster of sponsors and who is up can be found towards the end of the thread.

US Sponsors:
    Cigarbear------- in progress with Trilobyte
    logan37--------- in progress with b.read
    slcraiders ----- in progress with redmonster13
    Mangyrat----- Now UP
    EGQ -------on deck
    badwhale----- on duty at Aunt Ethels

Canadian Sponsors
    drew_goring----Now Up
    craig --- On deck
    Newfie---On the steps

Completed trades:
    EGQ----- Completed with kn1v3sout
    craig---- Completed with Cptnblues
    Cigarbear------- Completed with Yerman
    badwhale----- Completed with Alcibiates
    logan37--------- Completed with flaig001
    slcraiders ----- Completed with nhab
    Mangyrat----- Completed with garRyyjr
    EGQ -------Completed with Manwich
    badwhale-----Completed with bigbill1300
    Last edited by ashauler; 04-26-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: updating the sponsor list....again....and again...and again

Trade with CptnBlues63 finished. He should be receiving his end in a today or tomorrow pending CanadaPost's efficiency.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Trade with CptnBlues63 finished. He should be receiving his end in a today or tomorrow pending CanadaPost's efficiency.
    US Sponsors:
    logan37----- NOW UP
    Cigarbear ----- On deck
    badwhale----- On the steps
    slcraiders----- in the dugout
    sammis----- on the bench
    EGQ --------- lounging in the tunnel
    ashauler------- in the clubhouse folding towels
    funkycold5----- drinking beer in the stands

Canadian Sponsors
    craig --- Now UP
    Newfie---On Deck
    drew_goring----On the steps

Trade completed.

Strangely enough, Canada Post was efficient this time. The sampler was waiting for me when I went home for lunch today and it arrived in excellent condition.

Andrew, thank you very much!

That's a beautiful assortment of cigars. More than I expected, and not a single one I've tried before.

I almost called the office and took the afternoon off work just so I could sit and have one. The only problem will be trying to decide which one to have......ROFL
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Trade completed.

Strangely enough, Canada Post was efficient this time. The sampler was waiting for me when I went home for lunch today and it arrived in excellent condition.

Andrew, thank you very much!

That's a beautiful assortment of cigars. More than I expected, and not a single one I've tried before.

I almost called the office and took the afternoon off work just so I could sit and have one. The only problem will be trying to decide which one to have......ROFL
    Good to hear. Enjoy!
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Have something in the works with sk sweezy.
    Last edited by logan37; 05-29-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: took out "might"

Have NOT heard back from Sk sweezy, so this is on the back burner. Probably not happening.

I was contacted by another, 05 Prostock. Might be something in the works there.

I am interested in getting in on the "Newbie Sampler" and I see that Logan is currently entertaining another transaction. Please let let me know how that goes so I know whether to work with you or CigarBear. Thanks.

I don't seem to have anything going on. I've had no response from either party.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    I don't seem to have anything going on. I've had no response from either party.
    Okee dokee... I'll hit ya up in pm.

Hey Logan37. I tried responding to your PM and after typing up this long response I got a message that you have reached your max pm count.

I saved my response so let me know when I can send it off.

Received EGeek's end. Sampler flys on Thursday.

Sampler went out today.

US Sponsors:
    Cigarbear ----- NOW UP
    badwhale----- On Deck
    slcraiders----- On the steps
    sammis----- in the dugout
    EGQ --------- on the bench
    ashauler------- Looking for his mitt
    funkycold5----- drinking beer in the stands
    logan37----- taking a nap in the parking lot

Canadian Sponsors
    craig --- Now UP
    Newfie---On Deck
    drew_goring----On the steps

w00t... Looking forward to it.
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Sampler went out today.
    I got Logan's delivery of my newbie sampler today. There are a lot of sticks in there and I haven't looked at them in too much detail yet but I'm pretty excited. I'll get them in the humidor to sit for a bit before digging into them.

Thank you for working with the n00b, I appreciate the vast assortment.

Nate

Good to hear the arrived safely. I hope you enjoy them.

I'm just wondering, if there is any rule, written or unwritten, prohibiting a new member from doing more than one newb sampler transaction with members?

I live far enough from the big city I don't get in there very often to resupply and since my first sampler with drew_goring was so successful, I'd like to do another if it's ok to do more than one.

I don't want to step on any toes or break any rules so I figured I'd ask.

Transacting for two Newbie Samplers is not a problem. I did it myself, as I wanted to try additional recommendations from a more experienced smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post
    Transacting for two Newbie Samplers is not a problem. I did it myself, as I wanted to try additional recommendations from a more experienced smoker.
    Awesome, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

That was kind of my thinking too, to try more recommendations from different people with more experience than me. There's only 3 Canadian guys on the list so I might just hit the last two up as well.

Blog Entries

Hi folks:

CaptnBlues63 and Philosophy Guy have asked me for samplers.

As some may have realized, I don't have decent web access anymore (hope to have it back in the fall) - so I can't really be on that often. Also, the new gf is, ah, keeping me busy doing something else rather than smoking cigars .

I was partway through a transaction with Philosophy Guy, so I've pm'd him my e-mail address so we can hook up. Any and all progress will be reported here.

If Philosophy Guy doesn't get back to me in the next couple of weeks, then I'll get back to CaptnBlues63 to do a sampler with him.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information