Originally posted by ggiese:

Free Cigars!!!
I would like to start a PIF on this board... What is a PIF, you ask?. I believe a PIF to be one of the tenants of any great cigar board!

As many of you know, this board is about sharing a common interest - Cigars. Most of the people on this board are passionate about their cigars. Me included. I don't know about you, but I like to share my cigars when I run across somebody who seems interested.

In this group - we share great stories about a variety of experiences we have with cigars. I see people posting reviews of cigars they've tried. Others talk about cigars they really enjoy. The purpose of which is to share our love of the leaf.

So.... That being said....

I would like to start something that I have enjoyed immensely in the past... It's called a "PIF" - Pay It Forward, and here's how it works...

1. The previous winner will post the words FREE CIGARS on this thread and pay it forward with some free cigars to the first person who answers the post for free cigars. This post will be AFTER the person has received the cigars from the previous player. It is important that everyone keep up with their commitments in this thread so that no one is left hanging.

2. The person who sends the cigars, will box up and send at least 3 CLASS smokes. In terms of CLASS, we know that every person's definition is slightly (and sometimes substantially) different from the next person. But for all intents and purposes, we'll make a distinction here. "Classy" is defined as mid-grade level sticks, such as CAOs, AVOs, Toranos, Padron Thousand series, Punch, etc... In terms of dollar value, between $3 and $8 per stick would be more than sufficient.

3. The package YOU send out can be any number of sticks... so long as you include at least 3 "classy" sticks. You can mix and match anyway you like.

4. If you choose to include something nice (ie: premiums or ISOMs) as part of the PIF, then the Receiver shall not be held accountable for sending out something of equal quality. If you choose to include some lower end smokes, please make sure that you've already included at least 3 "classy" smokes as well.

3. Repeat step one, and so on

4. If you have won/given, please dont try to win again for at least 7 days. This gives everyone a chance to win/give.

5. Let your heart be your guide, that is the whole purpose of this game.

Remember, this is NOT a game of one-upsmanship. It's about passing IT forward. Be fair and have fun!

So, with that being said...

FREE CIGARS

Edited to add:

6. Anyone participating in this contest must have posted at least 100 times. Also - if you're not know (i.e. you don't have a trading history) someone will have to vouch for your character.
Last edited by ggiese; 02-06-2006 at 09:48 PM.

ETA: It appears that Dr. Cox was the last recipient of the PIF, and therefore is the next to offer up FREE CIGARS. If no offer is made in the next couple of days, I'll make the offer to restart it.