Thread: "Thank You" Event - 21 August for Quad State Herf Guests & Supporters

Cornwall, NY (West Point) on the Hudson River

Exclamation "Thank You" Event - 21 August for Quad State Herf Guests & Supporters

We are planning a "Thank You" event on Saturday, 21 Aug 10 from 1000(10am) until dusk (roughly 2100/9PM) at West Point's Recreational Area (Round Pond). All guests that either attended / wanted to attend but could not due to the blizzard as well as all the sponsors of the past Quad State Herf are cordially invited. There will be a number of Wounded Warriors in attendance enjoying themselves as we always invite the ones that really deserve it. The food, beer (donated by Yuengling Beer), water & soda, music and cigars (various companies) is being taken care of. I know how a lot of you are; yes, you can still bring your own. It will be a day of relaxing, enjoying great BBQ and a number of outdoor events, i.e., volleyball, basketball, horse shoes, fishing, swimming, paddleboating and much more. Below is a map of the area as well as Round Pond's website:

http://www.westpointmwr.com/ACTIVITY...OR/Roundpd.htm

The actual address for the area is: 1348 Round Pond Road, West Point, NY 10996.

Please post if you are planning on attending so we have a rough idea on how many guests will be there. The recreation area is large enough to comfortably accomodate 150 - 200 guests. As more info comes up, I will update this post.......

Guest List as of 7 Aug:

Chris McCann
    LouieD - Lou Devito
    Diesel Grinch - Chris Tognetti & John
    Lindsay Heller
    nyisles - Barry Stein
    mrtapes - Mark Steinberg
    Mitch - Mike Mitchell
    The Chief - Joe Colombo
    Doctor Cigaro - Charlie Watson
    avoxo - Tom
    scottw - Scott Wolven & Wife (maybe)
    Bruce & Michelle Tuchman - Owners of Uptown Cigar Co.
    Bxcigrfan - Pete (Gamaliel Vallejo)
    ironpeddler - Gary Roberti & Anthony
    Streetrod - Frank Maniscalco, Jeff & Nick
    Eddie Ortega - Owner of 601 & EO Cigars
    bigw - Wayne Scheiman
    Kaptain Kayak - Dan
    The Eagle (Dee) - Francisco Diodonet
    thefatguy - Ian Cowen & Fiance' Ronnie Biscardi
    rrick57 - Rick Ramel
    Bravo Lima - Bill Latta
    Roadie - George Rodecker
    Big Daddy - Kim
    Lil' Joe - Joe Swartz
    Mr. Martini - George Quintano
    Big Keith - Keith Switzer
    The Don - Don
    Iron Man - Larry Lebron
    speedracer - Fernando
    Larry G (UPS) - Larry Gallacher
    Titan This - Rob Martino
    Foch - Ralph
    Tony Jannotti
    Hyjinx the Mule - David Schulman
    Dustin Schmidt
    Richard Healy
    Wilson Montalvo
    gdlou - Lou and 4 friends
    rob300c - Rob Schmidt and possibly a guest
    Simulator - Andrew Mitchell
    Hooko (a.k.a.CSMAnderson) - George Anderson

Maybe:

in2xshp - Sam Tramontana
    Shibumi - Jeff Kreisberg
    ilcchef2 - Ralph Croteau
    Cavalier & Duzie Sue (John & Sue Faulkner)
    Last edited by stogieman; 08-07-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Updated guest list as of 7 Aug 10

I already told Charlie I'm in. Anyone else going to make it?

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Blog Entries

I have to check my social schedule....
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I have to check my social schedule....
    I hope it's free Will as this will be the future date / time of year for all Quad State Herfs. After this past year's blizzard, it was time to move it to the summer.......

Wish I still lived in NYC. Have a great time guys!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Dang it, I can't make this as I will be in San Francisco for a wedding that day. But the good news is that it won't be a yearly event, so I should be able to attend next year.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm out too. (Wifey's) Family Reunion...

Still glad I got to the one this February!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Yeah, I'm out too. (Wifey's) Family Reunion...

Still glad I got to the one this February!

Will
    Thanks for the update Will, have a great time at the Reunion. Let me know if your up in the area and we can meet up for a cigar......

Thumbs up

Guest list is updated as of this morning, it's startin' to look a party......

Thumbs up

As we are less than 5 weeks out, I just wanted to update you all on how things are going. I talked with the beer guys yesterday and instead of worrying about keeping the kegs cold, they are giving us 12 cases (6 lagers & 6 lights) of their finest Yuengling. If you prefer to drink something else, i.e., another brand, wine or hard liquor, you are quite welcome to bring your own. Everything else is coming along as planned, I'm going to talk with the CocaCola guys this week and get numbers from them as well. Food wise, we got that locked down pretty much. If you'ld like to help, a side dish would be nice to add. More to update as things progress......

Thumbs up

The guest list is updated as of today. Here is the link over at CigarPass where the main post is currently maintained:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...02#entry978548

Less than 4 weeks now, wooooo hooooo........

Cool

2 weeks to go, yeah baby.......

Thumbs up

A week from today and we'll be icing the beverages down, set up the grilling area and firing up top knotch ceegars.......

Thumbs up

Tomorrow is the day, yeah baby!!! The weather looks like it will definitely be nice according to NOAA:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. North wind at 5 mph becoming south.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Ensure that if you want to go swimming that you bring your swimming stuff. Also, you may want to bring a beach / camping chair for your personnal comfort. I did speak with a number of the S/BOTL yesterday and yes, you can bring your prefered adult beverage if you like. Yuengling did drop off 12 cases of beer, but I'm sure that there are wine and other alcohol favorites out there. Do drink responsibily and drive carefully to and from the event. The event kicks off at 1000(10am) and goes until dusk which yesterday was roughly 2000(8pm). At that time, you are welcome to join us and head over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars. See you all tomorrow.......

Cool

I wanted to say we had a great time. The location, weather, cigars, atmosphere, all of the S/BOTL that attended, the excellent BBQ that Dee and the boys provided, etc. I want to thank everyone for their generosity in the raffles and 50/50s, all of the sponsors; General Cigar, 601 & EO Cigars (thank you Eddie O for flying up from Miami and being a part of this great time), Nat Sherman Cigars, The Humidor Minister for another one-of a-kind beautiful ashtray, Torano Cigars, Yuengling Beer, Metropolitan Cigar Club and I'm sure that I'm missing a few. I took a number of great picture that I will post later on. My buddy Roberto took roughly 150 shots during the day and he will mix them in to video format with music. I'll post the YouTube link next week when it's all done. By the way, next year's Quad State Herf 6 will be in the same location and sometime in August.......

Thumbs up

We uploaded a YouTube video a few minutes ago but we're not happy with the way that the pictures transition from one to another. Here is what we have so far, if we figure out a way to clear it up, I'll let you know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1JKbRciMY

Enjoy......

Thread Information