Thread: online tabacco

Default online tabacco

saw this on the web page for a smokeshop in my state.

IF YOU ARE ORDERING TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND LIVE IN THE STATE OF Arizona, Utah, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Alabama, South Carolina, Idaho, Georgia, Texas, Vermont, Massachusetts, Delaware, Wisconsin, California, New York, Illinois or North Carolina YOU COULD LOSE YOUR RIGHT TO PURCHASE TOBACCO PRODUCTS ONLINE! http://www.djsmokeshop.com/important_message.html more info
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

SFG75 Guest

You can find the text of the legislation here. From what I can gather, this bill is about helping the states to garner the taxes that are evidently due to them. From reading it, it looks as if you will get your cigarettes online IF the appropriate taxes are paid for. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it doesn't appear to outright ban internet selling of cigarettes. At the same time, I wonder who is lining senator Hatch's pockets with money to help push this through.

REQUIREMENTS FOR DELIVERY SALES- That Act is further amended by inserting after section 2 the following new section:

`SEC. 2A. (a) With respect to delivery sales into a specific State and place, each delivery seller shall comply with--

`(1) the shipping requirements set forth in subsection (b);

`(2) the recordkeeping requirements set forth in subsection (c);

`(3) all State, local, Tribal, and other laws generally applicable to sales of cigarettes or smokeless tobacco as if such delivery sales occurred entirely within the specific State and place, including laws imposing--

`(A) excise taxes;

`(B) licensing and tax-stamping requirements; and

`(C) other payment obligations or legal requirements relating to the sale, distribution, or delivery of cigarettes or smokeless tobacco; and

`(4) the tax collection requirements set forth in subsection (d).

`(b)(1) Each delivery seller shall include on the bill of lading included with the shipping package containing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco sold pursuant to such order a clear and conspicuous statement providing as follows: `CIGARETTES/SMOKELESS TOBACCO: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES THE PAYMENT OF ALL APPLICABLE EXCISE TAXES, AND COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LICENSING AND TAX-STAMPING OBLIGATIONS'.

Nice link, Alfred.... Here's what comes up when you click on it...

Please resubmit your search
    Search results are only retained for a limited amount of time.Your search results have either been deleted, or the file has been updated with new information.

Dork....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SFG75
    You can find the text of the legislation here. From what I can gather, this bill is about helping the states to garner the taxes that are evidently due to them. From reading it, it looks as if you will get your cigarettes online IF the appropriate taxes are paid for. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it doesn't appear to outright ban internet selling of cigarettes. At the same time, I wonder who is lining senator Hatch's pockets with money to help push this through.
    Scroto, you are violating board policy with your bullshit politics again. You just can't "let it go" can you? Someone oughta line your head with a 2x4.

LMFAO, this is too funny!! How many times have we heard Scroto whine and bitch about others "violating board policy" yet he continues to do this himself.

Post reported.....
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-08-2005 at 11:23 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Geez....keep your blog crapola to yourself, lefty....

SFG75 Guest

Sorry about that George. The link can be found here. Once you get to the search page, you have to type in "S.1177" to get the text of the legislation. At the same time, I'm still looking for how this would ban cigarette buying online.

Sorry about that George. The link can be found here. Once you get to the search page, you have to type in "S.1177" to get the text of the legislation. At the same time, I'm still looking for how this would ban cigarette buying online.
    Holy crap, Alfred!!! You're back on topic! I thought this was going to be a political discussion, seeing as how you were working the Republican angle in your first post and it appeared you were espousing your left wing views... Will miracles never cease!!!

SFG75 Guest

Anyone find the thing about banning tobacco sales online? Pure rhetoric is my line of thinking on that claim. Jury is almost reaching a verdict on this.

Blog Entries

Anyone find the thing about banning tobacco sales online? Pure rhetoric is my line of thinking on that claim. Jury is almost reaching a verdict on this.
    The verdict is in, Scroto is GUILTY of turning this seemingly innocent thread into yet another one of his left wing political statements.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

Yep, the bill is just about how to combat the black market of tobacco sales that go to the "bad guys." Senator Hatch has a good website, you can find his comments on the bill here.

Blog Entries

Yep, the bill is just about how to combat the black market of tobacco sales that go to the "bad guys." Senator Hatch has a good website, you can find his comments on the bill here.
    That is TWO YEARS OLD.

For cryin' out loud will you STOP with your BS. You are insufferable............
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information