Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about a blind Pipe Tobacco PIF

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Tyler will ask the question...If you are first to respond you get it.
    Sorry if it sounded like i was asking for the pass, what i was trying to say is I'm wanting to get in on PIF as a participant later on "not this round".
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

2. Default

No problem...

Packaged arrived. I'll open shortly.

I'll also post a question shortly.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Packaged arrived. I'll open shortly.

I'll also post a question shortly.
    Sorry about the index cards I had to use to number the tobacco...Could not find a sharpie in the house.

No Worries.

Who would like some pipe tobacco samples?

Hello?

Blog Entries

Bump.

Come on guys!

(I would take you up on this, but all I have to pass forward is some Captain Black, Half ‘n Half, and… some store coupons. That just wouldn't be fair.)

Reviews to begin shortly. Just cleared up a head cold (dam 3 kids under 8).

But this shouldn't stop anyone from taking me up on the offer for....

Free Pipe Tobacco Samples.

(P.S. thanks again Ken for the samples and the.... extras )

9. Default

I know someone wants to do this...

Blog Entries

Here's my dilemma with the Pipe PIF, or PPIF. I have some samples that I received as a gift, or in trade. I only have about 2 that I actually bought myself. Second part to the dilemma, is I just dabble in the pipe (tobacco pipe before anyone gets any ideas.) and it would take me forever to post up my reviews of the PPIF.

9 times outta 10, I find myself still reaching for a cigar before I load up the pipe, and that one time for the pipe, is usually after a cigar.

I just can't commit at this point.

Will

ETA: Gregg, on the other hand, just isn't paying attention I think....
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

It may take me a little longer than a week to get through all three, because like Will, I still smoke more cigars that bowls. If it is acceptable that I take 2 weeks to review the three samples, then I will bite? Let me know...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    It may take me a little longer than a week to get through all three, because like Will, I still smoke more cigars that bowls. If it is acceptable that I take 2 weeks to review the three samples, then I will bite? Let me know...
    Ain't no rush...You are up.

Yep, No rush. (Seeing I haven't reviewed my due to a cold) I figure this is a more "paced" type thing anyway. I'll get the stuff out before the weekend.

that being said, I'm going out with the dog for a while to try a bit of Sarge's #2.

I such a reviews but will do my best.

I started raking leaves yesterday am and before I knew the time it was 1 pm and the PO was closed. I'll get this out Monday.

Sorry for the delay.

Got a very nice package from Tyler yesterday- samples intact with a few extras!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

16. Default

Cool...This should be interesting once the reviews start hitting.

Point taken. I will get on the ball and post my reviews.

Ok, I'm not too good at the fancy talk but this is what I tasted.

#2,

Dark and sweet. Seemed to be a dark cavendish. When I smoked the first bowl I tasted hints of cherry. The second bowl I smoked there was less cherry and now seemed to have a hint of liquor. Maybe a whiskey or rum. Not sure. Smoked nice, no tongue bite and had a nice room note. This was one that you might get away with in doors.

I've smoked two half bowls of this. I like it. Seems like a virginia with what is probably the perfect amount of latakia. Not too sweet and just a bit of tongue bite. I'm pretty confident the wife would not be please with me smoking this inside but it's tasty enough to brave the cold.

I might be trying another this afternoon or might finish up the #1, that stuff is tasty.

19. Default

Al right...The reviews are coming in.

1...Dunhill 965 http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_...LPHA=M&TID=458

2...Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_...PHA=C&TID=2208

The Dunhill 965 is the best Latikia Blend I've smoked. it's also in the Tobacco reviews Hall of fame. This is from the last batch before the re-release of this year. Supposedly the mixture has changed with the new release.

The Samuel Gawith is a lip smacker too...The chocolate is pretty much in the background along with Latikia. The Virginia and Burley are the most obvious to me. really a nice mixture. This stuff is hard to find.

Hope it didn't change much, I liked it.

Thread Information