Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How about a blind Pipe Tobacco PIF

Nice assessment, Sarge.

# 2 was Escudo Navy Deluxe- a staple of mine...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

2. Default

Tobacco #3...I decided to smoke this tobacco in my Stanwell 32 Bulldog instead of my cob. This tobacco appeared to be broken flake...Dark brown with light brown streaks. It smelled of dried fruit. I rubbed it out just a bit and loaded my bowl. It filled easily and lit well after the charring light.

Th initial impression was tongue bite. I let the bowl cool a bit before the next puff. The heat cooled enough to allow the flavor come through. It was nutty sweet followed up by the Lakeland flavor of the Best Brown I reviewed earlier. Maybe a bit of Burley is in this tobacco. It is a really strong tobacco. The flavor became very intense at the bottom of the bowl giving me a bit of a buzz. The ash was jet black. This tobacco might be better in a larger bowl that burns cooler.

I suspect this is also a Lakeland tobacco...I jut could not get my head around this tobacco enough to figure it out completely.

I give it 70 of 100.

#3- Rattray Old Gowrie
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

4. Default

Sorry about the slowness of my reviews...I pretty much can smoke on at work as time allows right now. My mother in law had a stroke and I watch after her during the days.

So on with the review...This tobacco is an aromatic ribbon cut tobacco. The ribbons are brown and black. The tin note is brown sugar. It seems to have the perfect moisture content...I like my tobacco a little dry but with still enough moisture to feel it in the tobacco.

I loaded this tobacco in a brand new MM Cob. It packed well and needed no relight after the charring light. The flavor was fruity and had a citrus like finish. It was pretty mild but built in strength to a nice level as the bowl progressed....Not complex but really nice. The mouth feel was nice with no bite. The tobacco burned quite well with a black ash flecked with white. The room note was pleasant. There was no moisture at the bottom of the bowl.

I give this 80 out of 100...I don't smoke many aromatics but this one one is worthy of my attention.

I know someone out there would like...A FEW FREE TOBACCOS TO REVIEW BLINDLY.

Glad the pre-light smell did not scare you away.

#4 was Dan Tobacco: Da Vinci

--Drive-By Truckers

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Glad the pre-light smell did not scare you away.

#4 was Dan Tobacco: Da Vinci
    I've had that before...I did not put it all together till now.

7. Default

Review of #5...This tobacco appears to be a ribbon cut heavy on the Cavendish content. The tin note is sweet raisin. The tobacco is a bit moist so I let it dry a bit. I packed it into my Nording Signature Straight Billiard I've reserved for aromatic tobacco

I fired it up to a syrupy sweet flavor that remained through the bowl. It smoked very wet as I had to run a pipe cleaner through the stem twice. The room note was pleasant. The bottom quarter of the bowl had some wet dottle that made the rest of the bowl un-smokable.

This ain't a bad tobacco for a new guy to smoke...I would smoke it on occasion. I'm just not that into aromatics.

I give it 70 out of 100.

8. Default

Somebody out there wants some Free Tobacco Samples

Go Packers

#5 was Boswell's POM Holiday

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Any chance you guys want to try and get this started again?
    Matt

" I enjoy the smell of a good cigar." - Amanda Benefiel (my late Grandmother)

Thread Information