Thread: Cigar selling question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Cigar selling question.

ok fellas,I've searched the forum and found some interesting thoughts but, none that answer my question.
    I'm a biker and smoker. I attend a lot of bike events, bike nights, poker runs etc... I always have a cigar in my mouth and everyone is telling me I should set up a small vendors tent and sell cigars at these events. My question is, do I need a license,tax id etc..to do this? Thanks in advance for any advise.

Not sure about anyone else, but I personally would not buy cigars at an event from anyone else except a true vendor/shop owner. For the simple fact I don't know how they were stored or where they came from.

Might be something to think about, such as if there is truly a market for this and the demand is high enough to make it worth while. Most likely there is a reason an already established vendor/shop dose not do this already. There is a lot of anti-smoking bruhaha and cynicism any more, which I probably guess is the reason.

Just my cents.
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 09-22-2010 at 07:30 AM.
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

^ That.

Blog Entries

Every state is different. Call your state's Department of Revenue Services and ask them.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Maybe the ATF would have info that would help?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Between federal, state and local taxes and licensing in this day and age of deterring smoking - I suspect you'll find it's more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps you'll find less hassle with something a bit more healthy - like selling hotdogs and fried foods.

But it sounds like a great idea! Good luck with it and let us know how it pans out!

Thread Information