Thread: Carlos Torano Signature Collection

Blog Entries

Default Carlos Torano Signature Collection

I received this as part of a freebie fiver from wherever I bought one of my boxes of Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Toros.

The size of this cigar was a "Robusto" measuring 5 x 52
    Cost: Approximately $3.50
    Country of origin: Dominican Republic

Here's what CigarsInternational says about these:
    A gorgeous cigar from the Torano family that will have you singing its praises!
    The Signature Selection is a very attractive Dominican beauty, rolled with Sun-Grown Brazilian Maduro wrappers, Piloto Cubano binder and filler and then individually protected by a layer of Spanish Cedar wrap. A full-bodied, robust taste with a spicy and peppery character. These outstanding cigars will surprise you - it’s a great smoke!
    And here's what Famous-Smoke says about these:
    Carlos Torano Signature cigars offer a medium to full-bodied smoke with rich flavors of roasted coffee and cocoa. Among one of the best blends from Torano cigars, Carlos Torano Signature cigars are flawlessly made by hand with a robust, complex blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan Cuban-seed ligero, a broadleaf binder and a sun-grown Brazilian Maduro wrapper. Reportedly, the flavor also has 'an earthy core with hints of leather and sweet spice, plus an earthy herbal aroma rounded by sweet wood on the finish.'
    Well okay fine, these retailers always fill you full of BS when they do their write ups One place calls the "full-bodied" while the other place calls them "medium to full-bodied" I thought this cigar was medium-bodied at best.

Construction: Above average for a $3.50 cigar
    Pre-light draw: Excellent, a nice, firm Havana-style draw which is hard to find with low to medium priced domestics such as this cigar.
    Burn: Excellent, a nice even burn with no tunneling, no leaf stems to ruin the burn, etc.
    Taste: Now this is where this cigar falls woefully short. I thought the taste was pretty bad, very bland, very non-descript and the wrapper was supposedly a "maduro" but it sure didn't taste like one to me The wrapper was very light for a maduro. If I had not read the product description, I never would have guessed this cigar was a "maduro".
    Finish: Since I didn't really like this cigar, I didn't "finish" it

I would NOT recommend these cigars based soley on the taste. Other than that, it was a very well constructed, well burning cigar for $3.50.

On the cA rating scale, I' give this cigar an

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

...and I thought it was only me....

I wasn't too impressed with these either, other than they had a very nice presentation (construction and appearance) and a nice draw. I was VERY disappointed when I smoked them considering my other impressions of the Torano line, and the way these were hyped. The flavor was just not there. You surprise me, CC, when you say it was a maduro wrapper - it appeared too light for a maduro to me...

Good review - thanks!

Thanks CC....Great review.

As with all things regarding the palate . . . tastes vary greatly between one person to the next. This is one of the things that make wine, food and of course cigars very interesting to me.

CCat has done a great review of this cigar. I do not necessarily agree with it, but that does not make it a bad review. Personally, the Tornao Signature is one of my favorites of the Torano line next to the 1959 Ex. Silver (I have yet to try the Casa).

I would agree that it is not "full-bodied" as I found it to be more meduim bodied but a flavorful cigar with thick rich yummy smoke.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

5. Default

There still seems to be some misunderstanding on the banding of Torano cigars. What kind of band was on that one CC?

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    There still seems to be some misunderstanding on the banding of Torano cigars. What kind of band was on that one CC?
    Carlos Torano Signature Collection . . . says so in his title.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Carlos Torano Signature Collection . . . says so in his title.

You take me too seriously.

Could it be GOLD???? or maybe Silver?

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    You take me too seriously.
    I figured you were making an off-hand comment in reference to the SILVER/GOLD fiasco we had here a while back but . . . ya just never know.

CCat's review was the Signature "White" Label

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    CCat's review was the Signature "White" Label
    Nope, its obviously the "Bronze" Label (Notice the bronze border on the ring?)

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thread Information