Thread: Bucanero Full Sail

Thumbs up Bucanero Full Sail

At the recomendation of my local tobaccanist, I tried a Bucanero Full Sail (6 x 50 toro) last night. Wow, what a smoke!! It made my head spin for a minute when I first lit it up, but in a good way. I told the guy at the shop that I was in the mood for a real powerhouse. Damn, did he deliever.

The burn and draw were perfect and it produced a nice volume of thick smoke. I don't know how to describe the taste (and I always feel like a pompous ass saying "hints of cedar and earthiness), but it tasted pretty much like I think a full bodied, strong smoke should taste. It wasn't harsh or bitter at all. Produced a nice white/gray ash that didn't fall off until I wanted it to.

Definitely going on my list of favorites. Overall a really good cigar

I've had a Bucanero churchhill sitting in the humi for awhile now... maybe I need to light it up tonight and see what it's about...
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

I've always liked these cigars, though I haven't had one for a couple years. Maybe it's time I go pick up a few.

Btw, the guy who owns this company is very nice fellow. I had the luxury of attending a smoker showcasing the Bucaneros and had a nice chat with him. He hosts an annual fishing trip to Costa Rica where the cigars are made. One day I'm going to have to do that.

Thanks for the review.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

"Btw, the guy who owns this company is very nice fellow."

The tobaccanist told me the same thing. He's met the company owner a couple of times at various events. I don't know if he's been on the fishing trip or not, but he said he's been to the factory in Costa Rica.

That would be a pretty cool trip. I wonder how many cigars you need to buy before you get that invitation? Probably a lot more than the one that I've bought. Guess I better get busy

Thread Information