Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Davidoff Manhattan worth it?

Blog Entries

Default Davidoff Manhattan worth it?

I wnet to NY over the summer and loved it. I went to Barclay-Rex and this place in SoHo. (I forgot the name) Only when I got home to Texas, did I discover the Davidoff stores in NY. There is one off Madison and another somewhere in Manhattan. It was then I also discovered the existance of the Davidoff Manhattan cigar. The store's online price for a single stick is 36 bucks. Has anyone smoked it, and if so, is it worth it for me to purchace and smoke at home for a special occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I wnet to NY over the summer and loved it. I went to Barclay-Rex and this place in SoHo. (I forgot the name) Only when I got home to Texas, did I discover the Davidoff stores in NY. There is one off Madison and another somewhere in Manhattan. It was then I also discovered the existance of the Davidoff Manhattan cigar. The store's online price for a single stick is 36 bucks. Has anyone smoked it, and if so, is it worth it for me to purchace and smoke at home for a special occasion?
    I suspect - based upon what you've previously posted - that you already know the quality of Davidoff cigars. So - I suppose the answer to your question would depend on whether or not you can afford to light up and burn "36 bucks".

Blog Entries

Well, it would be for a special occasion, of course.

If you love Davidoff as well, we must have similar tastes. If you've had it, was it worth it to you?

Well, it would be for a special occasion, of course.

If you love Davidoff as well, we must have similar tastes. If you've had it, was it worth it to you?
    If I were to answer "yes", would you immediately hit the "buy" button?

...or, perhaps, were you looking for a concensus opinion amongst the CigarSmokers community?

Blog Entries

The concensus opinion of those who have tried that cigar. Once I get a feel from about 5 others, then I might rush to hit the "buy" button.

Blog Entries

The concensus opinion of those who have tried that cigar. Once I get a feel from about 5 others, then I might rush to hit the "buy" button.
    4 out of 5 dentists recommend......

Blog Entries

Don't you know? Those cigars only burn in Manhattan. You could order one, but it won't light unless you're actually in New York. I should know. I've got three that I can't even throw in the fire.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

I wonder how they get it to do that.

If you have $36 to spend on one stick you should be getting a newb sampler and enjoying a bunch of really great sticks numerous times. That's just my $0.02

To reply to your original question, sorry I haven't smoked one. I can't justify burning a stick that expensive when I know that there are others that I really enjoy that are much cheaper.

Personally - they're my go-to smoke. I smoke several a week. My philosophy is "why save 'em for a special occasion!". If you're asking my opinion - hit the "buy" button - and you should order at least 5! You can't go wrong!

I can also tell you, they're not "soft". Despite that - I still think they're pretty fresh.

But what a quandry... You have my opinion - but what's a cigar smoker to do if he cannot be influenced by a total of 5 cigar smokers!?!? You have my opinion, but I'm only a force of one!

saviour - I have a funny feeling we're going to fall a tad bit short on the 5 person requirement.

Good luck!

11. Default

Guess he can't see the squiggly red lines under the words he misspells.

12. Default

Hell, for $36 you can get one of them Bronx hookers to take her teeth out.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Guess he can't see the squiggly red lines under the words he misspells.
    I was using a comp at my college campus, and they only run IE without an auto-spell check. Now that I am at home, nothing is misspelled. I love it.

Blog Entries

I was using a comp at my college campus, and they only run IE without an auto-spell check. Now that I am at home, nothing is misspelled. I love it.
    No, it isn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    No, it isn't.
    That's how I always spell it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    No, it isn't.
    I can't tell - it's the internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    I can't tell - it's the internet.
    LMAO!!

BTW, saviour - you know if you go to the Corona Cigar Company in Orlando there's a damn good chance you'll run into Avo, right? He's best friends with the owner. And if you have the pleasure of meeting him, there's a better than even chance he'll give you some GREAT cigars from his personal stash (if he takes a liking to you, that is - the Avo 22 is to die for!) If you bring a nice looking blonde with you - there's an even better chance he'll spend the entire night with you!

And - as an extra added bonus - they have Avo cigars in their store that you can only get at Corona.

Blog Entries

Am I saviour? Phonetically it sounds like my name. O.o

Am I saviour? Phonetically it sounds like my name. O.o
    I don't know how we survived without you - perhaps you're the second coming...

Thread Information