Thread: Humidity Beads!!

1. Default Humidity Beads!!

I just got my Heartfelt 65% humidity beads in earlier today. I am glad I went with the suggestion to get these. They work great. Thanks guys. I bought a 1/2 lb of beads for my 12 bottle wineador. The wineador is only ~1.15 cubic feet. They said the 1/2 lb was for up to 2.5 cubic feet. I called them and they told me that it would not over humidify and actually suggested I use a little more than what I actually need because I live in a super dry area average humidity right now is about 12%.

I decided to get a wineador because out here in the desert the temperature is all over the place and it gets really hot it will be 110 outside and 90 in my trailer. Way too hot for cigars. I also have a 30 count and a 300 count desk top humidors. The 300 count is not being used neither is the 30 count right now. If I move back east I will probably start using them again because it will be easier to control the temperature inside. Do any of you use humidity beads in smaller humidors? I was looking at the tube things that heartfelt has they seem like they would work well considering how well these humidity beads are working. Can you just sit the tubes on top of the cigars like humidity packs?
    Last edited by ryan54; 12-03-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I use beads in "the puck" for my desktops, google will help you find them. I wouldn't put the tubes on top of the cigars.

I use the tubes & beads in a 100ct desktop, a 250ct desktop,
    and 70qt coolerdor. Beads are your friend.
    I have never used fans or any other devices. Just beads in the tube - shut the lid and relax.
    Last edited by Paddy; 12-03-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Default Maintaining RH in the desert

With my time in MO drawing to an end in the next few months, I need to start thinking about storing my cigars at my next station. So, does anyone have any tips or experience keeping cigars fresh in a desert climate? I'll be in Kuwait for a year with highs in the 120s. I'm currently using a Coleman sportsman cooler with I think a half pound of beads. Should that do the trick? Maybe add some more?

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    With my time in MO drawing to an end in the next few months, I need to start thinking about storing my cigars at my next station. So, does anyone have any tips or experience keeping cigars fresh in a desert climate? I'll be in Kuwait for a year with highs in the 120s. I'm currently using a Coleman sportsman cooler with I think a half pound of beads. Should that do the trick? Maybe add some more?
    I didn't have any issues keeping a 100 cigar humi steady with a small jar of beads and about 40 cigars in it. Depending on where you're staying, you shouldn't have any problems regulating them as your indoor temps should be controlled. I was at Patriot so we had our share of humidity, contrary to popular belief. Problem is, that humidity is coupled with extremely high temperatures. UAE was much worse.

Blog Entries

Hm. I thought I started a new thread. Oh well, thanks for the tip. I should be at Arifjan which I hear is about as dry as it gets.

Default Humidity Beads!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Hm. I thought I started a new thread. Oh well, thanks for the tip. I should be at Arifjan which I hear is about as dry as it gets.
    AJ isn't bad. I'm not sure what the quarters are like over there but you should be good.

Thread Information