Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cohiba Espledidos Authentic Cigars in Sealed Box

Quote Originally Posted by webworm13 View Post
    Better yet than, the new sealed box has 25 and the open box has 22. My mistake, there were more in the box than originally thought. I hadn't noticed the second row. Now EGQ, if I were trying to run a scam, I would have said there were more in the box not less so kindly go on about your day and let the real cigar aficionados view these fine puros from Havana, Cuba without your side commentary. These cigars were declared and brought in legally and those of you who have ever traveled to Cuba and know anything about cigars will know this is possible. It is obvious that EGQ doesnt get around much and probably can't tell a Cohiba from a Swisher Sweet. My cousin sold me these cigars per my request and it was a good way for her to make some dollars that are much needed in Havana. I did what most tourist do and bought some cigars.
    They must be real because you can't count? They may be real Cubans, they may even be authentic Esplendidos, I'm simply saying that they probably aren't. Whether I have been to Havana having taken a day trip from Jamaica is irrelevant -- had I been there, I would have bought some cigars -- from an actual retail establishment and not a local that needs a good way to make some dollars. Next time your cousin needs some money just give it to her -- she's family, and you wouldn't have to work so hard to hold this story together.

Good night.

webworm13 Guest

Actually, there isn't a "story" I' am trying to hold together. What I have said in regards to how the cigars have been obtained has been true from the start. Just to provide more details, it took my cousin's husband all day to track these down as they are not easy to come by. All retail establishments are government owned and I imagine most of these cigars are destined for the export market. My cousin's husband is well connected and probably due to this, he was fortunate enough find them.

I have offered to send you one of these for free for you to try and you haven't accepted, thus it is obvious that you are intent on torpedoing my sale. For what reason I do not know, but all I can assume is that you are extremely cynical or upset that you haven't ever made it to Cuba to try one of these yourself in person.
    I do not need suggestions on giving money to my family. Just for your information, I actually had to leave the payment for the cigars under a plate on the table without her seeing because she didn't want to accept any money.

Blog Entries

You somehow didn't notice an entire extra layer of cigars when you were staring right at them? Bullshit. I don't know what website you pulled that picture off of, but kindly take your stolen pictures and and your own dumb ass and remove both of them from our community.

4. Default

Better yet than, the new sealed box has 25 and the open box has 22. My mistake, there were more in the box than originally thought. I hadn't noticed the second row. Now EGQ, if I were trying to run a scam, I would have said there were more in the box not less so kindly go on about your day and let the real cigar aficionados view these fine puros from Havana, Cuba without your side commentary. These cigars were declared and brought in legally and those of you who have ever traveled to Cuba and know anything about cigars will know this is possible. It is obvious that EGQ doesnt get around much and probably can't tell a Cohiba from a Swisher Sweet. My cousin sold me these cigars per my request and it was a good way for her to make some dollars that are much needed in Havana. I did what most tourist do and bought some cigars.
    Suspicion confirmed...You are an idiot.

Since you are so adamant I am making this up how about I send you one for free. If you smoke it and like it, than put your money where your mouth is and buy the box.
    Deal.

Ed Quinlisk
    1909 Eisenhower Lane
    Bolingbrook, IL 60490

Blog Entries

kindly go on about your day and let the real cigar aficionados view these fine puros from Havana, Cuba
    ...and here I am...

Wow, would you just look at those fine puros from Havana! Wow! Look at them! Wow!

The cigars are what they are so take or leave it or make an offer.
    Ok, my offer is $3 - but you pay shipping.

it is obvious that you are intent on torpedoing my sale.
    Ed is a sale-torpedoer!

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Actually, there isn't a "story" I' am trying to hold together. What I have said in regards to how the cigars have been obtained has been true from the start. Just to provide more details, it took my cousin's husband all day to track these down as they are not easy to come by. All retail establishments are government owned and I imagine most of these cigars are destined for the export market. My cousin's husband is well connected and probably due to this, he was fortunate enough find them.

I have offered to send you one of these for free for you to try and you haven't accepted, thus it is obvious that you are intent on torpedoing my sale. For what reason I do not know, but all I can assume is that you are extremely cynical or upset that you haven't ever made it to Cuba to try one of these yourself in person.
    I do not need suggestions on giving money to my family. Just for your information, I actually had to leave the payment for the cigars under a plate on the table without her seeing because she didn't want to accept any money.
    Hey, fucknuts, the foul language is here now. How about you take those fake dido's and shove them right back up your ass where you pulled this story from.

The "obvious attempt to torpedo the sale" comes from an acknowledgement that the cigars came from, "My cousin's husband is well connected and probably due to this, he was fortunate enough find them." You might not smoke cigars, but you know enough about "my cousin's husband" to know that what you have in your possession more likely than not came from a shady backroom deal. That being said, is it is much more likely than not that the cigars are counterfeit - and would be of questionable quality.

To Ed's (EGQ) point - Trying to sell items of questionable quality and authenticity at a board populated with individuals with the capacity to understand is insulting.

While David Hannum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute!", you won't find tolerance for that nonsense here. To some earlier points that were made - try to sell that crap on Craig's list.

I'm going to guess that the cigars in the picture are real.

That said, I'm also going to guess that webworm13 doesn't actually posses the cigars in the picture.

If webworm13 would like to prove that he has the cigars then simply post a new picture, one that we can see you, holding a copy of today's edition of the local newspaper, and a note with your usename and the site name.

If you can do that I'd pickup the sealed box for $150, you pay shipping.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Hey - I can show you pictures of cigars and other "real" things too!

That said, I'm also going to guess that webworm13 doesn't actually posses the cigars in the picture.

If webworm13 would like to prove that he has the cigars then simply post a new picture, one that we can see you, holding a copy of today's edition of the local newspaper, and a note with your usename and the site name.
    I can also make you a "real" picture of webwormdude holding whatever you'd like him to hold!

Buy 'em off of Craig's List - I'm "torpedoing" this sale.

Blog Entries

Let's see a picture of the worm holding the box of cigars and wearing a hat with a daisy on it - then we'll know he's legit.

-Buzz

Blog Entries

....or you, in a tiger costume, eating a donut, on a unicycle, bouncing a beach ball on your head holding an autographed photo of Kirstie?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    ....or you, in a tiger costume, eating a donut, on a unicycle, bouncing a beach ball on your head holding an autographed photo of Kirstie?
    I'll spend my lunch hour working on it...

-Buzz

webworm13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    The "obvious attempt to torpedo the sale" comes from an acknowledgement that the cigars came from, "My cousin's husband is well connected and probably due to this, he was fortunate enough find them." You might not smoke cigars, but you know enough about "my cousin's husband" to know that what you have in your possession more likely than not came from a shady backroom deal. That being said, is it is much more likely than not that the cigars are counterfeit - and would be of questionable quality.

To Ed's (EGQ) point - Trying to sell items of questionable quality and authenticity at a board populated with individuals with the capacity to understand is insulting.

While David Hannum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute!", you won't find tolerance for that nonsense here. To some earlier points that were made - try to sell that crap on Craig's list.
    I am not trying to sell any items of questionable quality. The cigars are in a sealed box as you can see from the picture. All because the cigars were obtained through what you call a "shady backroom deal" doesn't mean they are of questionable quality. Most cigars as well as other goods in Cuba are obtained by friends or family members or someone who knows someone else so unless you have traveled there before and bought cigars, I am going to ask you not speak of what you know nothing of. It is just as likely that the cigars are authentic as they are counterfeit and sometimes you have to take people's word for it. All I can attest to is that the cigars came from my cousin in Cuba and her husband brought two sealed boxes to give me before my departure. Now whether they bought these at some place that sells counterfeit cigars in a backroom, I do not know for sure, but he is my family member, and I am going to assume they are real as they have a seal with a guarantee. I trust my cousin and if you don't trust the story, than simply don't buy or make an offer. Even if they were counterfeit, I am asking a reasonable price. If I were asking $500.00 and trying to sell these as if I were a cigar establishment dedicated to selling Cuban Cigars, I would understand all of the skepticism and negativity. Because there may be doubts that these are real or not, that is why I am asking only $200 shipped to CONUS.

Blog Entries

I am not trying to sell any items of questionable quality. The cigars are in a sealed box as you can see from the picture. All because the cigars were obtained through what you call a "shady backroom deal" doesn't mean they are of questionable quality. Most cigars as well as other goods in Cuba are obtained by friends or family members or someone who knows someone else so unless you have traveled there before and bought cigars, I am going to ask you not speak of what you know nothing of. It is just as likely that the cigars are authentic as they are counterfeit and sometimes you have to take people's word for it. All I can attest to is that the cigars came from my cousin in Cuba and her husband brought two sealed boxes to give me before my departure. Now whether they bought these at some place that sells counterfeit cigars in a backroom, I do not know for sure, but he is my family member, and I am going to assume they are real as they have a seal with a guarantee. I trust my cousin and if you don't trust the story, than simply don't buy or make an offer. Even if they were counterfeit, I am asking a reasonable price. If I were asking $500.00 and trying to sell these as if I were a cigar establishment dedicated to selling Cuban Cigars, I would understand all of the skepticism and negativity. Because there may be doubts that these are real or not, that is why I am asking only $200 shipped to CONUS.
    The likelihood that these cigars are real is virtually zero.

You've been told why.

You're never going to sell them here so it would probably be best to stop wasting your time.

Craig's List is a haven for scammers and thieves so should fit right in.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

webworm13 Guest

Sorry, but I don't have a copy of today's newspaper handy and don't plan to go to the store to get one. I will post some more pictures for all to see. I cannot take any less than $200.00 because I initially thought there were only 12 in the box and it turns out now that there are actually 25. Actually, if I do end up posting these for sale somewhere else, I will be asking substantially more than $200.00 because I see now how much they are really worth when a bunch of cigar connoisseurs are so doubtful that these are even real. I guess it is not easy for foreigners to come by these and I was blessed with the good fortune to be sold these by my cousin at a reasonable price. I will be posting more pictures and I am on my way to the post office to send EGQ his cigar as promised in a nice Cohiba leather case all free of charge. I will be sending it with a delivery confirmation number as well. I would expect EGQ to attest as to the authenticity of the cigars as well as my fulfillment of my promise to deal honestly. In return, I will expect him to purchase the entire box for $200.00 as he has stated he will do. I am willing to wait a few days to sell them to him at that price unless I get a better offer from someone else. I would also expect an apology from all those who have scorned and ridiculed me for no other reason than lack of trust and cynicism.

webworm13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Hey, fucknuts, the foul language is here now. How about you take those fake dido's and shove them right back up your ass where you pulled this story from.
    Have some decency my friend. You are not worthy of smoking one of these cigars so good riddance. I wouldn't expect a cigar smoker to be so low class.

Blog Entries

I am on my way to the post office to send EGQ his cigar as promised in a nice Cohiba leather case all free of charge. I will be sending it with a delivery confirmation number as well. I would expect EGQ to attest as to the authenticity of the cigars as well as my fulfillment of my promise to deal honestly. In return, I will expect him to purchase the entire box for $200.00 as he has stated he will do. I am willing to wait a few days to sell them to him at that price unless I get a better offer from someone else. I would also expect an apology from all those who have scorned and ridiculed me for no other reason than lack of trust and cynicism.
    And if he smokes the cigar and determines it's fake then he is under no obligation to give you $200.00 for a box of fake cigars. You agree to those terms, right sparky?

I would also expect an apology from all those who have scorned and ridiculed me for no other reason than lack of trust and cynicism.
    And I expect the skies to open and drop a billions dollars worth of gold bullion in my back yard this afternoon.

tapeworm13, I don't know you or anything about you and I don't trust you at all. Get used to it.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

webworm13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    You somehow didn't notice an entire extra layer of cigars when you were staring right at them? Bullshit. I don't know what website you pulled that picture off of, but kindly take your stolen pictures and and your own dumb ass and remove both of them from our community.
    I truly didn't notice. I do not smoke cigars and have no prior experience with these. Furthermore, somebody else was assisting me in taking the pictures and I asked them how many cigars there were. They gave me the wrong number and I should have confirmed. My mistake. As I have stated previously, obviously, it is an innocent mistake as I stated there were less in the box than there really were to begin with. That is a losing proposition for me but I am still going to sell the box of 25 at $200 because I am a person of my word.

webworm13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    And if he smokes the cigar and determines it's fake then he is under no obligation to give you $200.00 for a box of fake cigars. You agree to those terms, right sparky?

And I expect the skies to open and drop a billions dollars worth of gold bullion in my back yard this afternoon.

tapeworm13, I don't know you or anything about you and I don't trust you at all. Get used to it.
    Of course, if it is a fake then he doesn't have to pay me. I can't make him pay me anyways and truth be told, I don't think he would pony up and pay the $200 even if he KNEW they were real. This is why I am going to call his bluff and send him one free of charge with a nice leather Cohiba cigar holder even though he doesn't deserve it.

I bet many couldn't even tell the difference between a real and a fake anyways. I sure couldn't but then again, I am not a cigar smoker.

Thread Information