Thread: any insights...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default any insights...

Hello all, currently I have an LLC registered as a holdings and management co. under which I have set up a couple DBA's. Currently I am working on my next project... A hookah lounge. (anyone got any name ideas? would rather stay away from the obvious "Hookah Something" names and try to go with something more subtle.) Hopefully I can make some scrape off this hookah lounge and start a nice size cigar lounge out here... Any let the record show, I am not a hookah fan, but I want to learn the ins and outs of retail tobacco laws in Hawaii and try something new. I would rather jump straight into the cigar arena, but I need some more experience and capitol before I am willing to stake that amount of initial start up cost. I am working off a pretty good business model, and I believe I will have a decent audience for this venue. I am very familiar with the SBA site, so before anyone screams look at their site, trust me, I do... daily.

If anyone else has any insight or ideas, let em' flow...

Hope everyone has had a fruitful week. I am off to smoke. (a cigar)

Blog Entries

Hula Hookah
    Hookahlapadingdong
    Hookahlicious
    Hang 5 Hookah?

sorry
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Hookahlapadingdong

sorry
    This made my day. Thank you! haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Hula Hookah
    Hookahlapadingdong
    Hookahlicious
    Hang 5 Hookah?

sorry

This for THIS ONE AGAIN

Hey nhab, come to Hartford, CT and buy my local shop:

LINK TO ORIGINAL THREAD

Jim is retiring and closing the shop BUT he is accepting offers from anyone who is interested in buying the business.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 01-28-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I would love to buy an existing shop! But I am never moving away from my warm beaches and girls in bikinis 365 days out of the year...

Does anyone have any recommendations for Point of sale options, or inventory control? These are new areas to me. I have been looking at the intuit solution, anyone have experience with this?

Bueller?

Why waste your time with a Hookah lounge? Learn more about cigars and the cigar business laws, save money for it and open a cigar shop. You should learn ALL the laws and regulationg before you even attempt to open any type of establishment be it tobacco or anything else. Not doing this research prior will only lead to disaster or at least, large fines...

Also you said that you don't care for smoking hookah so why bother investing so much of your time and money into something you don't like.

If you must open a Hookah lounge first I think you should name it, "My Other Business is a Cigar Lounge"

Thread Information