This is my first post, and before anyone tells me to use the search feature, I have already done a few google searches and have not found an adequate answer.

I recently purchased a humidor along with around 75 cigars. The hygrometer's glass was broken and the humidor had some slight damage. I contacted cigarsinternational and they have sent me out a new hygrometer and have given me a 10% credit for the damaged item. They would have let me return it, but from what I can tell, it still serves it's purpose (I don't hear wood banging when I let the lid go.) The current hygrometer also reads a steady humidity level.

The cigars on the top left portion of the humidor are very moist. I smoked one today and it tunneled and kept going out. I am smoking one right now from the top right portion that feels as it should, is burning evenly, and otherwise providing a good smoke.

The humidor is the old world one found on many sites, it's mass produced in china. I can't remember if I have smoked any from the bottom portion yet and how they were.

I did season the humidor, but seeing as I'm new to this hobby, I'm not sure if I did it long enough. The only other info I feel I should give is that I live in south Louisiana in a very humid environment and the humidity has been fluctuating quit a bit do do warm weather and now a cool front. Also, I bought a few samplers, so they are not the all the same kind of cigars.

The humidity levels outside don't seem like they should affect only part of the humidor though.

I'm already thinking about breaking down and buying Heartfelt beads. Any advice is greatly appreciated.