Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Cleaning Sale- Part One

Sorry, Garrryyyyyyjr. I just read through this thread and determined you do not qualify. Post revised. The next in line in this thread for the free sampler was Tdre977. He get's the prize.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    gggggaaaaarrrrrryyyy.... or however you spell your name correctly... good advice: shh.

James, dude I'll take the Fuente/Newman.

-Buzz
    All yours, Buzz...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

garryyjr Guest

Default Re: Spring Cleaning Sale- Part One

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Sorry, Garrryyyyyyjr. I just read through this thread and determined you do not qualify. Post revised. The next in line in this thread for the free sampler was Tdre977. He get's the prize.
    No worries. Thanks anyways!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    If garryyjr doesn't qualify and I can come up with 43 more posts before someone else chimes in, I'd love to receive the sampler.

Remember that I'm coming your way in 3 wks. I'll bring you a sumptin-sumptin sampler when I come.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

That's mighty kind of ya Fred! San Antonio, right?

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Yeah ya right...13-16, make sure you get me a phone # so I can buzz you when I get there.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    "Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk"

Seems like I remember someone else melting down with the same tagline...

I love you guys.

-Buzz
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ah man this is so awesome. I didn't see a newb meltdown coming!

And to keep this post relevant James I sent you a PM. Let me know if that's an issue or not. I can paypal if you need the payment immediately but would prefer a check as I can keep track of my cigar purchases better!
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisFred View Post
    Yeah ya right...13-16, make sure you get me a phone # so I can buzz you when I get there.

Sounds like a plan!
    Last edited by b.read; 03-21-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And to keep this post relevant James I sent you a PM. Let me know if that's an issue or not. I can paypal if you need the payment immediately but would prefer a check as I can keep track of my cigar purchases better!
    Your inbox is full. No issues with you sending out on Thurs. Be sure to include your addy...

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah right, I bet ya bung-holed someone on ebay and had your account squashed.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    And - it can also quickly lead to an "asshole" tag, which is often very difficult to shed.
    Been trying to shed my "asshole tag" my entire life...I was born an asshole.

Payment is on its way James. Thank you.

Can I have the newb pipe tobacco sampler?
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Quote Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
    I'm not looking for love.

I've seen on here, welcome newbies, we are a great board, lots of learning info.. But, I see a lot of old men who jump the gun. No one had to get all mad, I sure didn't. I didn't understand that what I did was a unwritten rule who would get you off the rocker and flip shit.

My best advice I got here so far was STFU.

I can see if I was a pain in the ass.. If I had pulled something like this before. But as a first mistake.. Little overboard I feel. I can and have purchased some decent sticks.. Still seeing what I like. Afford.. Maybe that was the wrong word.. It's not in my budget right now.. Unemployed so it's a tight budget.

I had received a PM as well to check this out. Had I known how MOST of you feel.. I wouldn't have posted with what I did.

?

Seeing as how I am apparently being grouped into the "old man" category (as there is no definition of cut off for being an "old man" on this board), let me talk to you garrrryyyyy like you were my own son...

I'm pretty convinced you really don't understand what this board is about. It seems pretty obvious, given your conflicting statements...

Are you perhaps thinking that cigar manufacturers are anxiously looking for people to send free wares to? Once in a blue moon, perhaps - but the vast majority of "free" cigars that are sent out are courtesy of a member who is just plain out being generous.

$5-$8 (mid-range) for each cigar on a tight budget can be pretty taxing - I get it. I guess is you're budget will only allow Backwoods Smokes and Swisher Sweets, you should be okay. However, most of the active members of this board (the "old men") do not smoke Backwoods Smokes and Swisher Sweets. Sincerely - I would not expect that members of this board to fill your humidor with cigars because you cannot afford something better and "desire" free cigar be sent to you. Painful as it is to hear this. garrryyyyy - "desire" is not the cost of receiving "free" cigars

That's not to say that from time to time someone will be kind to you and send you some "free" cigars. However - if you truly cannot afford to send out $25-50 worth of cigars - you might want to carefully consider what it is you're committing yourself to if you accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Did you perhaps desire for one of us to also send you a pipe to smoke that tobacco in?

garryyjr Guest

Default Re: Spring Cleaning Sale- Part One

I'm not looking for then to fill it for me. I can budget it, I see in this very post people saying they spent there monthly cigar money. As well as I did.

I currently had a death in the family and have to travel, so the 50 - 75 I was looking to spend is going to gas and my wife missing work.

By no means was I looking to stock up at others expense. Like I said, I hope one day to have my cooler so full that I can spare some to newbies like me and sell them at great deals to the rest on here like so many have done.

I have had a day to think about this situation.. And it won't happen again. I'll will take all this in and make a learning experience out of it..

I don't smoke... Any of those cheap ones you mentioned.. Do not enjoy them as 'premium' ones.

You got it bro. Send me your addy...

--Drive-By Truckers

You got it bro. Send me your addy...
    Thanks James. PMed you my address and payment is waiting for the maillady to pick up as I type.

Thanks again. -Kevin
    Latest smokes:

Thanks James. PMed you my address and payment is waiting for the maillady to pick up as I type.

Thanks again. -Kevin
    Hey- this is a free sampler- no need to send any money. Go get it out of your mailbox. If it is too late, I will be returning any funds to you.

--Drive-By Truckers

Hey- this is a free sampler- no need to send any money. Go get it out of your mailbox. If it is too late, I will be returning any funds to you.
    Well, then, call it a tip. A free tip. A non-refundable free tip!
    Latest smokes:

Thread Information