Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quad State Herf VI - Saturday, Aug 20th Location: Round Pond Rec Area, West Point, NY

Cornwall, NY (West Point) on the Hudson River

Thumbs up

4 weeks and counting all! Now where did I put them dancin' shoes........

Thumbs up

Payment received Craig, you're good to go and your camp spot within walking distance to the herf is locked down as well. See you in less than 4 week now, safe travels.......

Thumbs up

3 weeks and counting, wooooo hooooo........

Payment received yesterday Rich (Logan37), good to go brother. See you soon.

Blog Entries

So, ah, anyone interested in mobile herfing on the way down or back?

FRS/CB/2m?

I'm currently planning on driving down Friday AM.

Thumbs up

2 weeks from today I'll be puttin' the "Goodie Bags" together and doing those last minute things to make this another great event......

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stogieman View Post
    2 weeks from today I'll be puttin' the "Goodie Bags" together and doing those last minute things to make this another great event......
    One week and we're there.......

Thumbs up

I do have a few administrative notes to all:

1) They do not have an ATM machine up there at Round Pond so may want to bring extra cash for the raffles.. They do have a small general store that sells snacks and stuff that accepts a debit / credit card.

2) There are quite a few picnic tables on location but with 150+ guests and all, you may want to bring a folding / camp chair with you as well.

3) We will be furnishing water / soda and cold beer (Yuengling), but if you prefer to drink another type of beer or want to enjoy some wine or alcohol, you may bring your own. Just remember to drink responsibly.

I've attached a picture from last year to give you and idea of the pavilion and seating. We'll be able to move stuff around and there's plenty of room for everyone.........

Blog Entries

Another long anticipated break coming up here. Can't wait to get together with everyone!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Another long anticipated break coming up here. Can't wait to get together with everyone!

Will
    Same here Will as it'll be a blast! I just checked the 7 day forecast on NOAA and it looks good for this Saturday's Quad State Herf:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I'm meeting with the manager of Round Pond this morning as well as head of the BBQ crew on location and finalizing that portion of the event. 5 days will come quick especially with a pre-event Friday evening at Hudson Valley Cigars with Alyson from Rocky Patel and the man himself, Eddie Ortega (EO Cigars, 601s and the Murcielago). Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it........

Cool

2 days and we'll be herfin! Safe travels all and see you soon.......

Thumbs up

Today is the day, woooooo hooooooo! We had a great pre-herf last night with our good friend Eddie Ortega along with Allison (RP Rep) and number of S/BOTL to include craig. I talked with Cesar Blanco (President of Los Blancos Cigars) and made it in after a long wait at the airport. Sean and the BBQ team is ready and the party is ready as it can be. I wish everyone safe travels and I'll see you all soon.......

Blog Entries

We're headin' out in a couple minutes. See ya soon.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Charlie,

Thanks again for putting together another kick-ass herf! Also, thanks for the personal cigarsmokers raffle held today.

Seeya next year!!!

Will

Uncle Tupelo

A huge "Thanks" to Charlie. A great time was had by all. The food was delicious and the setting was great. Next year we'll need a bigger table for all our prizes. Or just put Craig at his own table.

Blog Entries

Back and exhausted (nursed a bit of a hangover today). I had a good drive back - ran through a couple of heavy storm fronts, but nothing long-lasting.

DEFINITELY plan on going next year if you possibly can, folks!

HUGE thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Charlie, and all of the sponsors. The "Goodie Bag" was huge, the beer cold, the BBQ superb, and the camraderie awesome!

CSmokers did well at the draws - we (Diesel Grinch, Irish79, Badbackwhale, and myself) all made trips up to the prize tables. (Some of us made more trips than others. One of us got serenaded with "Oh Canada" by the crowd ... )

As for me and the border, once I got to the checkpoint, I was through in under a minute. Declared everything (which took most of the minute), and then the officer said, "Do you have any alcohol?" Me: "No." Officer "Okay, you can go." Me (thought bubble): "YES!" :-)

Now to play cooler tetris ...

Charlie:
    FWIW, I know that it is a HUGE amount of time, dedication, and effort to put something like QSH together. A huge amount. I really appreciate what you have done with QSH, and I also can appreciate the support that you received from your wife and extended family. If possible, please pass on my thanks and appreciation to them as well. I think that there is a lot of love there, and I think that it is well-deserved. Take care.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information