Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2011

Default Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2011

I know that this board is dominated by Americans, but who is following the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year? My username gives away my allegiance, and I would like to see the Canucks come out of the West. Of course Detroit has a strong team, as does San Jose and Chicago. The East seems to be just about anyone's to grab. Who is everyone rooting for?

Or who could give a rats ass? :)

Mark

garryyjr Guest

I don't follow Hockey.. I would love to get into it.. Trying little by little every year.

But, as for me being from the Bay Area... Go Sharks!!!!

After my Dallas Stars fucked up, I now give slightly more than a rat's ass. But I'd have no problem with the Canucks taking it. I love Vancouver (the city).

The Rangers are done, so I'll be following it only when there is nothing else on TV. As far as trying to get into hockey, I played all my life, but for people who want to get into it I have one suggestion. Go to a game. Watching it on TV can be tough, but when you are live, watching how fast they skate, how hard their shots are, and how BIG these guys are it gives you a new appreciation for the sport that you can't get from the TV.
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

garryyjr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    Go to a game. Watching it on TV can be tough, but when you are live, watching how fast they skate, how hard their shots are, and how BIG these guys are it gives you a new appreciation for the sport that you can't get from the TV.
    I've been a minor league game. Stockton Thunder.. Sharks farm team. First hokey game i've been to. It was so fun.. That is when i thought i would like to get into it.

Blog Entries

I just wonder how long it will be before Charra suffers an injury or is arrested.

Blog Entries

Jamie and I will be chanting in unison...

LET'S GO RED WINGS!
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

I've always been the odd man out when it's came to hockey- I'm a bona fide Philadelphia Flyers fan. Have been for 15+ years and I end up disappointed every season, but they do show more promise than say the Mariners do!

I'd like to see the Flyers take it, but I ain't holding my breath!

Well the first round is almost done. Final two series (game sevens go tonight).

My team (Vancouver Canucks) will be playing the Nashville Predators starting tomorrow night.

For the resident Sharks fans on the board and in this thread, you will be battling the Detroit Red Wings.

First round was great, looking forward to the second.

Mark

Being from Florida I'd love to see the Bolts take the Red Wings but I just don't think that it will happen...
    "I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Blog Entries

Go Habs Go!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Well, I guess it's time for Golf now. Sorry buzz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Well, I guess it's time for Golf now. Sorry buzz.
    I am comforted by the knowledge that you were rooting for the wings right along with me.

LET'S GO GOLFING!

Blog Entries

Go Vancouver!

(I think Detroit could have beaten Vancouver; but ... :-)

Guess I will update this thread.

Eastern Conference Final:

Boston vs. Tampa Bay

Tampa won the first game in Boston on a virtual no-show by the Bruins. Look for them to come out harder next game.

Western Conference Final:

Vancouver vs. San Jose

After beating the Red Wings in seven games, the Sharks rolled in to Vancouver and lost the opener last night by a score of 3-2. This series looks to be great with lot's of hitting and great speed. If you are new to hockey or have limited interest in the sport, this may be the series to watch.

Go Canucks!!

17. Default

I don't know how I missed this thread. In the 50's and early 60's the only hockey available on TV in N. Vermont was on CBC's HNIC, so, I was a Habs fan. Which was an easy thing to do in those days. The Habs rarely lost and my girlfriend was J.C. Tremblay's niece. With the advent of No. 4 and cable TV, it was an easy switch to the Bruins. So, I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive.
    There was no youth hockey in my town when I was growing up. If you wanted to play you practiced with the men's team and when you got big enough and good enough you got to play against Canadian teams in S. Quebec, where we would regularly get our asses kicked. No sissy helmets and face masks in those days and we had sticks made of wood
    As for the playoffs, I think the B's will get by the Bolts in 7 and go on to humiliate the Nucks and bring back the Coupe Stanley to New England for the first time since 1972.

Doc.
    Last edited by Devil Doc; 05-16-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

I don't have a strong preference this year (after Montreal went out), but I wouldn't mind if the Bruins win. I still have my "Garden of Dreams" print, signed by Mr. Orr.
    1972 isn't 1967, and at least they have been in the finals since then, but it is a long time.

Then we have the two choke teams playing each other. I'd like the Canucks to win. Their fans are the worst in Canada, but the franchise deserves a Cup. For San Jose, I didn't realize that the Sharks have never made an appearance in the finals, so that would be nice for Joe Thornton.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post

LET'S GO GOLFING!
    +1, I'm ready!!

20. Default

Anyone remember the name of last years First Round Draft Pick?

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Thread Information