Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Blog Entries

​Great first show!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    ​Great first show!
    Indeed! We enjoyed it thoroughly.

There are of course some changes in content between the books and the movie but they've worked hard at keeping the story line intact while trimming stuff out and I think they've done an excellent job of it.

Can't wait til next week!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I really want horrible things to happen to that little Jeoffrey bastard.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    I really want horrible things to happen to that little Jeoffrey bastard.
    You and me both...I do not think I have hated and charter more in my life!

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

You and me both...I do not think I have hated and charter more in my life!
    LOL

We're all on the same page then cause I totally dislike the little bugger too!

Of course that means the actor is doing an excellent job of their role so kudos to him for portraying that loathsome little pr*ck so well...........

Blog Entries

It's getting interesting Arya sooo cute. looks like the kings bastard son is going to be a very good friend of hers..hummmmmmm. I love the part where Tyrion just gets rid of of Jeffery's first hand. " We'll see what King Jeffery will say about this..hunm no we won't.

to make it endure

I for one cannot wait for the second half of this season. If it's close to the book it should be amazing!
    "It was a pleasure to burn." - Ray Bradbury

Blog Entries

It felt like forever but season 3 this Sunday! I can not wait!

to make it endure

It felt like forever but season 3 this Sunday! I can not wait!
    Ditto that!

The wife and I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 on DVD so we'd be all "up to date" and ready for Sunday.

If you haven't read the books, I think you're going to really like this season.

Blog Entries

No I haven't read the books so it will be a suprise!

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Ditto that!

The wife and I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 on DVD so we'd be all "up to date" and ready for Sunday.

If you haven't read the books, I think you're going to really like this season.

to make it endure

No I haven't read the books so it will be a suprise!
    Ok, no spoilers then!

The first episode was excellent. I can't wait til next week............

Looks like another great season. Just in time as Spartacus runs down

Blog Entries

Yes the first one kind of touched on each group of players so we get an idea where it is all going. I was suprised Jeffery didn't want her head for being kind.

to make it endure

Blog Entries

OMG! Never saw that coming.....

to make it endure

OMG! Never saw that coming.....
    LOL

Only one more episode left in this season!

I sure do hope the author gets back to writing. I just reread books 4 and 5 and as I understand, he's only writing two more and like the rest of the fans of this series, I wanna know what happens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=j7lp3RhzfgI

Blog Entries

That was excessively awesome.

Blog Entries

awwwwwwwww now another 15 months before the next one. :(

to make it endure

awwwwwwwww now another 15 months before the next one. :(
    Yeah....and to make matters worst, that wasn't the end of book 3.

Seasons 1 and 2 followed the books almost to the letter and each season in and of itself, covered the complete corresponding book. This season however, didn't "go all the way" to the end of book 3. My wife tells me (she's out of town and hasn't seen the finale yet) she's heard on the grapevine that he's now splitting the books into more than one season. Last night's finale is proof of this as it didn't finish book 3. So when next season starts, keep that in mind. If you have no interest in reading the books (and you REALLY should......LOL) then remember this. I suspect it'll take no less than two, and more likely 3 to 4 episodes to sum up the end of book 3. There's a lot more to happen yet in book 3 as versus what we've seen in season 3.

According to Mr. Martin, he split book 4 into two because it just got too big. So what you get in book 4 is the POV from about half the characters and in Book 5, he covers the other half. This means in book 5, you revist a bunch of stuff that happened in book 4. Splitting the seasons like he's done as of this season should mean better continuity. Which is to say, you won't see only half the characters in one and the rest in the other with the necessary revisitations to previous events. In my eyes, this is a good thing but I suspect we won't know until we get there.

I must say though, considering Mr. Martin's seeming reticence about finishing this series (which is supposed to encompass 2 more books) I'm hoping the splitting of the book 3 across more than one season doesn't mean he is avoiding getting back to writing.

I REALLY enjoy this series but like so many other fans, am more than just a bit miffed that the author doesn't see finishing said series as being much of a priority. I have a couple fears on that account.

1) He dies before finishing it and leaves us all hanging forever. George R. R. Martin is not a young man (he's 64) and doesn't exactly have a svelte, healthy build.
    and
    2) He forgoes actually writing the books in favor of taking books 6 and 7 directly to screen. This would rob readaholics like me of the pleasure of reading the last two books. As with any movie/TV show, a lot is cut that adds to the richness of the story and I would much prefer not having some stunted version that's only 'made for TV'.

Finally, I didn't find the last episode any where near as gripping as all the other episode from this, and the previous two, seasons. Perhaps it's because I know what's coming and was looking forward to those events, or perhaps it just wasn't up to the same standard. Regardless, I was a little let down at the end of last night's finale. I'll watch it again with my wife on Thursday when she's home and perhaps I'll enjoy it more since I won't have expectations that won't be met...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Yeah....and to make matters worst, that wasn't the end of book 3.

Seasons 1 and 2 followed the books almost to the letter and each season in and of itself, covered the complete corresponding book. This season however, didn't "go all the way" to the end of book 3. My wife tells me (she's out of town and hasn't seen the finale yet) she's heard on the grapevine that he's now splitting the books into more than one season. Last night's finale is proof of this as it didn't finish book 3. So when next season starts, keep that in mind. If you have no interest in reading the books (and you REALLY should......LOL) then remember this. I suspect it'll take no less than two, and more likely 3 to 4 episodes to sum up the end of book 3. There's a lot more to happen yet in book 3 as versus what we've seen in season 3.

According to Mr. Martin, he split book 4 into two because it just got too big. So what you get in book 4 is the POV from about half the characters and in Book 5, he covers the other half. This means in book 5, you revist a bunch of stuff that happened in book 4. Splitting the seasons like he's done as of this season should mean better continuity. Which is to say, you won't see only half the characters in one and the rest in the other with the necessary revisitations to previous events. In my eyes, this is a good thing but I suspect we won't know until we get there.

I must say though, considering Mr. Martin's seeming reticence about finishing this series (which is supposed to encompass 2 more books) I'm hoping the splitting of the book 3 across more than one season doesn't mean he is avoiding getting back to writing.

I REALLY enjoy this series but like so many other fans, am more than just a bit miffed that the author doesn't see finishing said series as being much of a priority. I have a couple fears on that account.

1) He dies before finishing it and leaves us all hanging forever. George R. R. Martin is not a young man (he's 64) and doesn't exactly have a svelte, healthy build.
    and
    2) He forgoes actually writing the books in favor of taking books 6 and 7 directly to screen. This would rob readaholics like me of the pleasure of reading the last two books. As with any movie/TV show, a lot is cut that adds to the richness of the story and I would much prefer not having some stunted version that's only 'made for TV'.

Finally, I didn't find the last episode any where near as gripping as all the other episode from this, and the previous two, seasons. Perhaps it's because I know what's coming and was looking forward to those events, or perhaps it just wasn't up to the same standard. Regardless, I was a little let down at the end of last night's finale. I'll watch it again with my wife on Thursday when she's home and perhaps I'll enjoy it more since I won't have expectations that won't be met...
    I pray he doesn't die that would be bad. I love when they were all picking on Jeffery the biggest puck that ever lived. Well something to look forward too I suppose here's to next season....

to make it endure

I pray he doesn't die that would be bad. I love when they were all picking on Jeffery the biggest puck that ever lived. Well something to look forward too I suppose here's to next season....
    LOL

That little blurb wasn't in the book. In the book Joffrey is far too scared of his grandpa to ever mouth off to him. But I enjoyed that scene too (the little sh*t). You gotta admit, the kid that plays him is an excellent actor considering how much everybody despises his character.

Thread Information