Thread: Bad Smell in Humidor

1. Default Bad Smell in Humidor

I bought a semi-cheap 25 cigar Humidor from cheap humidors. I have been using Madeline crystals and it stays at a constant 70% if I have those and the little Humidifier that came with it in there. Recently I smoked half of a hand rolled Cuban seed cigar and had it sitting in an ash tray and my girlfriend cut the ashes off and put the rest back in my Humidor because I wasn't there to finish it. Now my Humidor reeks! Will this poison my other cigars!? How do I get the smell out?!

Quote Originally Posted by malibuboats91 View Post
    I bought a semi-cheap 25 cigar Humidor from cheap humidors. I have been using Madeline crystals and it stays at a constant 70% if I have those and the little Humidifier that came with it in there. Recently I smoked half of a hand rolled Cuban seed cigar and had it sitting in an ash tray and my girlfriend cut the ashes off and put the rest back in my Humidor because I wasn't there to finish it. Now my Humidor reeks! Will this poison my other cigars!? How do I get the smell out?!
    HAHAHA. I'm sorry but that's really funny. Silly girls.

Put your smokes in tupperware for a little and try and air out your humi. I'm not sure if that will work if the cedar soaked up the stank from the used cigar. Or you can try and put a dish of baking soda in the humi, with the lid closed. That might "soak" up some of the odor.

That's too bad.

Wipe it down with distilled water and air it out. I vaguely remember reading somewhere about using activated carbon, the stuff you get at a pet store for fish tank filters, for doing something like this but I have never done it and don't remember when or where I read it.

Get a new humidor + get a new girlfriend. Problem solved.
    But seriously - difficult to be upset with your girlfriend there, she was obviously doing what she thought you would appreciate by "saving" your cigar for you.

I have also heard the dish of baking soda trick can work. But otherwise air it out and wipe it down with distilled water - time heals all wounds.

Thread Information