Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help for delivery

Default Need help for delivery

Hi all,

I'm a cigar enthousiast since two years.
    I live in Quebec, Canada.
    I used to order cigars from a US web site but they don't ship outside US anymore.
    I'm looking for some help to get my cigars...
    Please email me at 1618dpro@gmail.com if anyone is ready to do it ! (we will find an arrangement...)

Thanks !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDpro View Post
    Hi all,

I used to order cigars from a US web site but they don't ship outside US anymore.
    Please email me at 1618dpro@gmail.com if anyone is ready to do it ! (we will find an arrangement...)

Thanks !
    Hi, and welcome to the board. So, if I receive the cigars from your vendor and reship to you, would you want me to list cigars as the contents and state the actual value?

Whatever way you feel more confortable !
    If you don't want to bother with the "details" it's ok for me...

Blog Entries

Whatever way you feel more confortable !
    If you don't want to bother with the "details" it's ok for me...
    Sweet, maybe someone will help you out since it's not like you're asking anyone to violate any laws. Good Luck with your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Sweet, maybe someone will help you out since it's not like you're asking anyone to violate any laws. Good Luck with your endeavor.
    Look, I'm not "asking" anyone to violate any laws... Would YOU be ready to fill in all the paperwork for the customs ?
    All I want is my cigars !! don't want no trouble...

Blog Entries

Look, I'm not "asking" anyone to violate any laws... Would YOU be ready to fill in all the paperwork for the customs ?
    All I want is my cigars !! don't want no trouble...
    You know what I want? People not using the board to get what they want. Especially 1 post, who-the-fuck-is-this wonders.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    You know what I want? People not using the board to get what they want. Especially 1 post, who-the-fuck-is-this wonders.

Will
    I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know this was a "rule"
    My mistake !
    So badwhale wants others not having what they want... let me think about it...

Blog Entries

I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know this was a "rule"
    My mistake !
    So badwhale wants others not having what they want... let me think about it...
    When am I ever going to learn that being nice only prolongs the pain.

Common sense should tell you that it is not wise to barge into a new place and start asking for favors. Nobody knows you from the dude picking his nose on the corner, so why should we give a shit if you can or can't get the cigars you want?

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    When am I ever going to learn that being nice only prolongs the pain.

Common sense should tell you that it is not wise to barge into a new place and start asking for favors. Nobody knows you from the dude picking his nose on the corner, so why should we give a shit if you can or can't get the cigars you want?
    You're right !
    You don't know me, I don't know you...
    I don't belong here...
    I'm just desperate ! ...I thought maybe some cigar smokers would perhaps help me out to share this passion again !
    Let's forget all of this.
    Next time I come in I will just... talk !

Blog Entries

You're right !
    I don't belong here...
    I'm just desperate ! ...I thought maybe some cigar smokers would perhaps help me out to share this passion again !
    I'm thrilled.

Blog Entries

You're right !
    I don't belong here...
    I mean, what did you realistically think was going to happen? Why would we break the law and trust a complete stranger?

On the other hand, I am the beneficiary to a very wealthy Nigerian businessman. He has the sum of $923 billion dollars stashed under his mattress. If you could help me move the money into your country, I would gladly give you a portion of it. If you could please provide me with your full legal name, address, and banking information of yours and all of your friends, I can go ahead and start processing the paperwork.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I mean, what did you realistically think was going to happen? Why would we break the law and trust a complete stranger?

On the other hand, I am the beneficiary to a very wealthy Nigerian businessman. He has the sum of $923 billion dollars stashed under his mattress. If you could help me move the money into your country, I would gladly give you a portion of it. If you could please provide me with your full legal name, address, and banking information of yours and all of your friends, I can go ahead and start processing the paperwork.
    You bastard, I thought that was my opportunity.

Hi all,

Thanks !
    PM your address & I'll send something to you!!
    What happened here? He fell down the stairs & broke his penis!

As I said, I didn't ask anyone to break the law !!
    I just asked for a little help, it doesn't mean to go "outlaw" !
    I'm ok with all the legal paperwork if anyone is ready to get in this !!
    But anyway...
    Nobody cares about me and my cigars, that's fine but stop hitting on me !
    I'm new, I made a mistake, I appologize to every offended person.

At least it seems like I entertained you for little while !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by themadwacker1 View Post
    PM your address & I'll send something to you!!
    Winner winner, chicken dinner!

As I said, I didn't ask anyone to break the law !!
    I just asked for a little help, it doesn't mean to go "outlaw" !
    I'm ok with all the legal paperwork if anyone is ready to get in this !!
    But anyway...
    Nobody cares about me and my cigars, that's fine but stop hitting on me !
    I'm new, I made a mistake, I appologize to every offended person.
    We'll see. Can we take this episode as an introduction?

At least it seems like I entertained you for little while !
    You have THAT absolutely correct.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Hi all,

Thanks !
    By the time you import your cigars in a legal manner and pay all the associated duties and taxes, you would be better off just going to your local cigar shop. You may save a "small amount" but it isn't worth the hassle. That is the reason we as Canadians pay what we pay at the Canadian shops. If you want to bring cigars back from the US on the "cheap" you need to go there yourself and spend 48 hours down there, or have a friend who is going to be down there for 48 hours and can bring them back for you.

Mark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    By the time you import your cigars in a legal manner and pay all the associated duties and taxes, you would be better off just going to your local cigar shop. You may save a "small amount" but it isn't worth the hassle. That is the reason we as Canadians pay what we pay at the Canadian shops. If you want to bring cigars back from the US on the "cheap" you need to go there yourself and spend 48 hours down there, or have a friend who is going to be down there for 48 hours and can bring them back for you.

Mark
    pssst - and propro, you could have found this out on your own just by searching for it!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post

Mark
    Thanks Mark, that is constructive help !
    But at my local shop they only sell singles, becomes very expensive to buy 25 !
    (don't get more in trouble giving me tips !! others will not appreciate... )

Just to add to what VancouverMark was saying...

I too am Canadian. I do regularly travel to the US and whenever I do, I bring back cigars with me because I can get them for 1/3'd the total cost.

With regard to the actual legalities involved in bringing your own back should you travel there. I highly recommend you call Canada Customs first to ascertain the limits. Mark mentioned being there 48 hours. If I'm not mistaken, being the US 48 hours only entitles you to a maximum of $450.00 in goods (total) per person. To get the $750.00 limit, you have to stay at least 10 days.

As to having cigars shipped from the US to Canada. I suggest you get your butt over to google and do some research and make a few calls or send out a few emails. The last time I checked, and I admit it was about 8 months ago, the following business:
    http://www.cigarplace.biz/
    still shipped cigars to Canada. I'm VERY sure there are other cigar businesses that will also ship to Canada.

Just FYI,

When having cigars shipped to Canada from the US you need to know, if you try to slip them past Canada Customs by marking them as anything other than a tobacco product, and you get caught, your name goes on a permanent watch list and every other package you ever get sent into Canada is almost guaranteed to be opened by them. Also, should you go to the US, when you hit Canada Customs upon returning, you're likely to end up with your vehicle stripped and thoroughly searched (and no, they don't put your stuff back in it for you when they're done) or end up with a cavity search performed on you should you fly.

As to arriving unannounced on a board like this and asking for help without so much as introducing yourself, much less spending time on the board getting to know the regulars, and more importantly, letting them get to know you, did you honestly expect people to go out of their way to help a complete stranger? Yes, we get that you're desperate. That doesn't change the fact that you're a complete stranger to everyone here so why should the folks who hang here that reside in the US go out of their way to help you when they don't know you?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

We'll see. Can we take this episode as an introduction?

You have THAT absolutely correct.
    I love chicken for dinner
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Thread Information